Does the MimoLite Garage Door Controller work with UI5

The instructions indicate that it does, however following the instructions;

1. Click the “Advanced” table in the device settings window.
  2. Change the “device_type” field to “urn:schemas-micasaverde-com:device:GarageDoorController:1”
  3. Change the “device_file” field to “D_MimoLiteGarageDoor.xml”

Step 3 causes the device to disappear all together.

What am I missing?

[quote=“jluvs2ride, post:1, topic:188141”]The instructions indicate that it does, however following the instructions;

1. Click the “Advanced” table in the device settings window.
  2. Change the “device_type” field to “urn:schemas-micasaverde-com:device:GarageDoorController:1”
  3. Change the “device_file” field to “D_MimoLiteGarageDoor.xml”

Step 3 causes the device to disappear all together.

What am I missing?[/quote]

Not sure what your trying to do or where your getting your instructions. But a mimolite should be added to the z-wave network like you have done.

Then you need to install a MIMOLite plugin from the app store, enter the ID of the main device and it will create 3 devices one of which you can now use the input sensor.

If your trying to use the mimolite “garage door plugin” (good luck, I wouldn’t use it) then you need to install that plugin in replacement of the official “mimolite plugin”

Well, I’d like to check the status of my garage door (Open/Closed) at 2100 and close it if it’s open with a mimolite. I installed the Mimolite garage door plugin but it doesn’t seem to work. I was wondering if there was something I was missing. Is there some magic trick to make it work?

Why wouldn’t you use it (the mimolite garage door plugin)?

[quote=“jluvs2ride, post:3, topic:188141”]Well, I’d like to check the status of my garage door (Open/Closed) at 2100 and close it if it’s open with a mimolite. I installed the Mimolite garage door plugin but it doesn’t seem to work. I was wondering if there was something I was missing. Is there some magic trick to make it work?

Why wouldn’t you use it (the mimolite garage door plugin)?[/quote]

It never works right, it has only on button to open and close and for the longest (now fixed) it was backwards. It also doesn’t work with any mobile device apss since it uses a custom z-wave device that is not supported.

The “Garage Door Plugin” is a universal plugin. You give it your door relay device number and the sensor device ID. It then makes a door lock (same as a z-wave door lock) with lock or Unlock and adds in all the delays and makes everything work. Since it is a door lock device it works with any app that supports a door lock. Which is every app.

There is plenty of threads already created for both of these options. Please read threw them. Instructions are in multiple threads already.

My personal opinion would be to uninstall the mimolite garage door plugin and install the regular or orginal “mimolite plugin” then install the “garage door plugin” and use the device numbers from the mimolite plugin to make everything work. I have 4 garages and a driveway gate that were on ui5 before and now on ui7. I own 4 mimolites.

OK, did this. However It seems that even though I have removed the P5 jumper, clicking ON activates the door as expected, but I then have to click off. Otherwise the remotes in the cars and the button on the wall won’t work. Is there a setting in the Mimolite Plugin to modify this behavior or do I just need to set up a scene that sends an ON followed by an OFF?

The Generic “Garage Door Plugin” (which turns it into a lock) does this automatically.

EDIT: So you will only use the door lock and unlock button from here on out and it will all work fine. If you manually use the actual relay device then it will do as you describe. Thats the purpose of the “Garage Door Plugin” to package the input sensor and the relay into a door lock (which is accepted into any phone, tablet or computer app) icon. The lock icon will also change depending on the actual state of the door. I’m not sure what remote app you use but things like Homewave for apple or Imperihome for Android will also let you change your icon from lock to say a picture of a garage door. Also you can change text from “unlock” to “OPEN”

So, are you saying that I need both the Mimiolite plugin and the generic Garage door plugin?

YES, you need both!

The mimolite plugin is to get you all the functions of a mimolite, which is how and why the mimolite was created. The mimolite is a universal device and has several input functions, the plugin was made to create child devices for each one of its supported functions. For a garage door your going to use the relay and the binary sensor. So only two of its possibilities, you can hide or delete the others if not needed.

The Garage door plugin works with anything even if its not a mimolite. All it does is takes a relay and a door sensor (you need to supply the device number for each one) and creates a door lock based off your two devices.

If you find out later (and you will) that the mimolite input sensor is not reliable then you can add a tilt sensor or the like to the door and just change the device number in the garage door plugin.

EDIT:

It’s been awhile since I did the installs on all of my mimo’s but I also don’t remember playing with that internal P5 jumper. I want to say I left it in the default location, but don’t hold me to it. Anyways I thought I would mention that as if you still have some problems you might want to put that back. Maybe someone else can chime in on that.

Hey, I appreciate the information. How is the Mimolite sensor not reliable? I’m seeing two sensors, a binary sensor and a generic sensor. Am I correct in assuming that the Binary sensor returns an off or on and the generic sensor returns a resistance value?

My garages are tied to the alarm panel and have wired sensors on them. I have 3 sperate garage doors with mimo’s. They only use the relay part of the mimo tho.
I have a Driveway Gate that is not tied to the alarm and it uses a wired contact sensor hooked to the mimo. This sensor will randomly say it opened then closed. And I’m not the only one that reports this problem. Funny thing is it will work fine for a week or so then I’ll get open/closed repeat notifications for hours. Then it will go back to working fine for a week or a few weeks before it randomly has a mind of its own again. I bought a wireless door contact that I’m gonna move the sensor over too, but have been to lazy to do it.

So, I’m seeing two sensors, a binary sensor and a generic sensor with the MIMOLite plugin. What is the difference?

I don’t think I have the answer you want. But one you need one you don’t. LOL

I thought it was the Binary that you need but again it’s been awhile. Bottom line open and close the garage door and see which one changes. If your contact is connected properly you should see the status change to reflect triggered and triggered state of the door.

Well, you’ve been extremely helpful. Thanks.