DLNA CONTROLLER does not work anymore

Thanks Sorin,
That’s good to know. Hopefully this is something that your programmers will pick up. The impact to Vera users is pretty huge. For a home automation system to not be able to control any AV equipment in a home is pretty bad.

Thanks Sorin,
That’s good to know. Hopefully this is something that your programmers will pick up. The impact to Vera users is pretty huge. For a home automation system to not be able to control any AV equipment in a home is pretty bad.[/quote]

Hey MarcusB, I have a currently open Vera Support ticket, working back and forward with them on this. Not sure we are getting anywhere with it currently but working on it non the less :wink:

Thanks Sorin,
That’s good to know. Hopefully this is something that your programmers will pick up. The impact to Vera users is pretty huge. For a home automation system to not be able to control any AV equipment in a home is pretty bad.[/quote]

Hey MarcusB, I have a currently open Vera Support ticket, working back and forward with them on this. Not sure we are getting anywhere with it currently but working on it non the less ;)[/quote]

Thanks Rjayyyy,
It’s good to know things are at least happening in the background.

Cheers,

So it seems that the latest Firmware update on May 2 (1.7.3798) is supposed to have enabled UPnP according to the release notes. Should that not allow DNLA to work since it’s basically a subsystem of UPnP?
I’m still not having any luck.

[quote=“Quixote, post:44, topic:197627”]So it seems that the latest Firmware update on May 2 (1.7.3798) is supposed to have enabled UPnP according to the release notes. Should that not allow DNLA to work since it’s basically a subsystem of UPnP?
I’m still not having any luck.[/quote]

I saw that in the release notes as well. But not sure what it actually means for Vera and for this plugin.

Interesting! haven’t loaded the new firmware as I usually wait a while to see what the fall out looks like across the forums before upgrading.

Yeh I went through the process with Vera support, they are quite helpful but in the end after we tried everything but didn’t get it working and then they basically ghosted with “it’s a plugin” as the reasoning. Realistically though DLNA should be included so can only hope they bring something in as part of the actual Vera support OS at some point :slight_smile:

Will keep following this topic anyhow.

Any way we can get the author of the current DLNA app to follow this article. as the issue with TTS is changes:
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=26596.0

I uploaded the new firmware and selected the option to turn off uPNP security. Sadly, no luck. The plugin still does not work.

Sorin, I also tried the script you gave, but had no luck there either. I didn’t give an update earlier as I was waiting on this new release with the option to bypass the security.

Hi Marcus,
Can you tell me where that option you mentioned is located? I don’t see it in settings anywhere.
Thanks

On the latest IOS app, it’s in settings/security.

Thanks. I use Windows and control the Vera through my web browser, or Imperihome on my Android phone. :-\

Any updates on this?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Nah. This is a total dead end. I’ve been investigating the use of an Amazon Echo dot (~$40 or less) coupled with the “House Band” skill and J River Media Center. Haven’t done more than any initial research, but it looks promising.
I realize this is probably not even close to what you hope to accomplish, however, it could be a pretty solid alternative.
Good luck.

Yeh sounds like this is a dead end, I do rate the Vera community plugins but in all honesty some features need to be built into the base Vera software this is one of those things :slight_smile:

A home automation system that can’t do DLNA is pretty bad. it’s a basic feature and should be part of the core system. This plugin was really vital and the fact that a security update broke it is something Vera support should be investigating.

hopefully with the new direction they will see this as an important feature.

Yeh completely agree, I mentioned this in the new thread discussing the direction of Vera as one of the default features/skills that need to be included that can then be used from a new advanced logic engine.

Still no update on this :frowning:

Vera must be the only home automation device that can’t do DLNA and the frustrating thing is that it used to.

So Vera is still the only home automation system that doesn’t do something as basic as dnla?