Direct Camera streams in Imperihome?

Is this possible? There’s a second or so delay going through Vera. Would be great if we can set up direct camera feed in the app.

Of course you can set up cameras in Imperihome. Do you have the app installed?

I do, but what I’ve been doing is add the device from within Vera.

When the blue iris plugn wasn’t developed yet, I used to make a tile with a web adress. worked well.

Cor

You don’t need to add your cameras to Vera to get them to work in Imperihome. However, if you don’t add them to Vera then if you plan to use scenes to record and motion detect as examples then they won’t work.

There are 2 ways with Imperihome. If your camera is in Vera, you can just tap an empty tile and choose the camera from your device list as Imperhiome reads the configuration file from Vera.

If the camera is not in Vera, then go to Settings > My Systems > MJPEG/h264/MPEG4 IP Camera. Fill out the username/password, URL’s to access the still and video image. You can specify external IP’s if you port forward on your firewall as well.

That’s basically what I have now as well, a page just for BI with all of cameras.

On the other hand, on the page where I have my “Securities” tab that control my gates, garage and doors, above each device I would have a feed of a camera that’s look at that item so I can tell if the gate is open or close whenever I need to change it. This page is the page that’s almost always displaying on the tablet (on wall) so I use it to see when someone is here or what not. Having a higher frame rate helps not to miss it when someone is walking toward the door.

I like the 2nd option from tom, I’ll give that a shot.

Cool - 2 additional small points to state…

When you are looking at your camera image on a page where you have other devices like a lock, light, and so on that camera image will refresh approximately every 5 seconds. There is no change to that I can see.

However, when you tap on the camera to view the live view, you have options for refresh rate of continuous, 1 second, 2, 5, and 10 seconds.

[quote=“tomtcom, post:7, topic:186488”]Cool - 2 additional small points to state…

When you are looking at your camera image on a page where you have other devices like a lock, light, and so on that camera image will refresh approximately every 5 seconds. There is no change to that I can see.

However, when you tap on the camera to view the live view, you have options for refresh rate of continuous, 1 second, 2, 5, and 10 seconds.[/quote]

You can just hold the small picture and adjust the refreshrate if you want.

TommyE

[quote=“TommyE, post:8, topic:186488”][quote=“tomtcom, post:7, topic:186488”]Cool - 2 additional small points to state…

However, when you tap on the camera to view the live view, you have options for refresh rate of continuous, 1 second, 2, 5, and 10 seconds.[/quote]

You can just hold the small picture and adjust the refreshrate if you want.

TommyE[/quote]

You’re right! My bad…

Strange, it’s saying that I have no jpeg URL

I’ve tried both Foscams and HikVisions no good

works fine when I use the URL in my browser.