Dimmable Light - 0% but on.

Hello, this has happened for several versions for some time. My dimmable light is on at 100% however, AltUI will show 0% but it’s on. All functions work fine.

I know that manually setting it to 100% will make AltUI stay at 100% but only for a while, it eventually reverts to 0% while still on. Wondering what I can do here.

[quote=“tomtcom, post:1, topic:190952”]Hello, this has happened for several versions for some time. My dimmable light is on at 100% however, AltUI will show 0% but it’s on. All functions work fine.

I know that manually setting it to 100% will make AltUI stay at 100% but only for a while, it eventually reverts to 0% while still on. Wondering what I can do here.[/quote]

it happened to me when my VERA was really broken. I had to reboot it and unplug any USB device from it ( including RFXCOM for instance ) to electrically reset the whole chain.
Once done that , I did not have that issue any more.
do you still have it ?

[quote=“amg0, post:2, topic:190952”][quote=“tomtcom, post:1, topic:190952”]Hello, this has happened for several versions for some time. My dimmable light is on at 100% however, AltUI will show 0% but it’s on. All functions work fine.

I know that manually setting it to 100% will make AltUI stay at 100% but only for a while, it eventually reverts to 0% while still on. Wondering what I can do here.[/quote]

it happened to me when my VERA was really broken. I had to reboot it and unplug any USB device from it ( including RFXCOM for instance ) to electrically reset the whole chain.
do you still have it ?[/quote]

Hi amg0,

I have done several UI7 firmware updates, along with UI7 updates, and today I did a unplug/wait replug the vera to ensure a hard reboot. This did not help and the condition persists.

I wonder if the variable “LoadLevelStatus” which reads 100% both in the device and from device screen itself is reading something different than the main page does?

Perhaps the theme? I have a decent chunk of bootstrap errors as I noticed in the 3rd screenshot.

[quote=“tomtcom, post:3, topic:190952”][quote=“amg0, post:2, topic:190952”][quote=“tomtcom, post:1, topic:190952”]Hello, this has happened for several versions for some time. My dimmable light is on at 100% however, AltUI will show 0% but it’s on. All functions work fine.

do you still have it ?[/quote]

Hi amg0,

I have done several UI7 firmware updates, along with UI7 updates, and today I did a unplug/wait replug the vera to ensure a hard reboot. This did not help and the condition persists.

I wonder if the variable “LoadLevelStatus” which reads 100% both in the device and from device screen itself is reading something different than the main page does?

Perhaps the theme? I have a decent chunk of bootstrap errors as I noticed in the 3rd screenshot.[/quote]

Themes errors are unrelated to me. For the device can confirm also the valu of variable status when it happens? A wrong script or pleg action which sets variable directly instead of going via the pump action could lead to this situation. When loadlevrlstatus is 100 status should be 1 and when loadlevrlstatus is 0 status should be 0

It shows status of 1 and loadlevelstatus as 100.

I have a Minimote by Aeotec that simply maps to a scene of on or off when I push the button on the Minimote. Is there any probability it’s the scene or the minimote? It’s literally only on and off using lua code below. I use this code so the button on the remote is a toggle. This way I don’t have to use one button for on and another button for off.

local switchOnOff = luup.variable_get(“urn:upnp-org:serviceId:SwitchPower1”, “Status”, 66)
if (switchOnOff == “1”) then
– Switch is on
luup.call_action(“urn:upnp-org:serviceId:SwitchPower1”, “SetTarget”, {newTargetValue = “0”}, 66)
else – switch is off
luup.call_action(“urn:upnp-org:serviceId:SwitchPower1”, “SetTarget”, {newTargetValue = “1”}, 66)
end

[quote=“tomtcom, post:5, topic:190952”]It shows status of 1 and loadlevelstatus as 100.

I have a Minimote by Aeotec that simply maps to a scene of on or off when I push the button on the Minimote. Is there any probability it’s the scene or the minimote? It’s literally only on and off using lua code below. I use this code so the button on the remote is a toggle. This way I don’t have to use one button for on and another button for off.

local switchOnOff = luup.variable_get(“urn:upnp-org:serviceId:SwitchPower1”, “Status”, 66)
if (switchOnOff == “1”) then
– Switch is on
luup.call_action(“urn:upnp-org:serviceId:SwitchPower1”, “SetTarget”, {newTargetValue = “0”}, 66)
else – switch is off
luup.call_action(“urn:upnp-org:serviceId:SwitchPower1”, “SetTarget”, {newTargetValue = “1”}, 66)
end[/quote]

Now that I looked again, it’s a dimmable light. So do you think I should replace SwitchPower1 this below?

http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Luup_Variables

urn:upnp-org:serviceId:Dimming1

Yes you may try to use setliadleveltarget upnp action.