Devices working/found, but ALL scenes "not responding" Alexa Dot & Vera Plus

@Zedrally, I live in a region where Alexa was not available. However there are workarounds to get the Alexa app working. It involves setting up a US like Amazon account. By now I can use the Echo International which is supported in the Netherlands, however still needed a fake address in the US to be able to install all the skills I like and that are not available for Europe.

[quote=“zedrally, post:18, topic:198123”]I was afraid of that.
The Amazon Alexa app is not available in our region so Alexa is teally become useful as a boat anchor[/quote]

Install this temporarily, and run it with the US settings:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.liquidum.rocketvpn&hl=en

Clear the cache of the ‘play store’, stop it running, and then Google the app from a web page, rather than search the store, i.e. Google

It should install, and you can delete the VPN, if you want. Once it’s installed, the app will update itself without the VPN.

^^^^
Thanks heaps for all of that info.
I’ll have a try tomorrow and see how I go.

Can you describe how to make a “virtual switch” and how to incorporate it into a scene? Thanks.

Download the Virtual Switch plug-in. It will create a Virtual Switch device. That device can be set in a scene, or trigger a scene. You can create multiple Virtual Devices for different purposes.