devices showing in dashboard I didn't add

I logged into my Vera Edge and I see a bunch of random devices added to one of my rooms. Anyone seen this before?

Are those your devices or not?

I remember a thread not to long ago where somebody noticed a vera serial had been jumbled and they ended up with someone else’s Vera and their devices showing. Can you verify that the Serial# the dashboard shows is the actual serial# of your Vera?

They are not my devices and the serial number does match.

To be clear there are many devices I did add. But in one room “Garage” there are now two motion sensors, a smoke sensor, and a door and window sensor. None of those I added.

The smoke sensor shows as armed all others are in bypass. If I toggle the state it just says sending command then nothing. It doesn’t say failed or success like I normally see.

Last device I added was a Schlage Deadbolt in another room a few days ago.

Does this look familiar? http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=27338.msg195433#msg195433

Bingo…

I looked and they are all child devices of device id 20. Device ID 20 is the only thing in that room that is legit. It is an Aeon Labs dsc06106-zwus.

I guess I will delete all the phantom devices.

Just happened again.

Is this common or do I have a bad unit?

Not sure if it’s common, but it has happened to me several times. One time my HEM energy module had 12 bastard children. I had to remove that device and add it a few times. Vera firmware is not exactly ready for prime time.

And again it happens, I think it is time for me to give up on Vera. A number of minor annoyances that together make the experience pretty poor.

This has happened to me as well. The parent device for me was an Aeon HEM v1. I have 2 of these and only one had the issue. I disabled “Automatic Device Creation” in my VeraLite and have not had any more randomly created devices. Kind of annoying.