Device to trigger scene

Hi

I have an EverSpring SP814 motion sensor, that can when the LUX leves is below XX turn on a switch and turn it off again after period XX.
This is done via Associations and Group ID 2.

But I need to trigger somehing else than a “Switch”, e.g the Virtual Switch, or a scene, but can this be done

Virtual Switch does not show up as selecteble in the list when trying to select what the SP814 will turn on/off.

can anyone help ??

I think this has been requested a lot of times but I think at the moment it’s not possible. I wish for example I would be able to trigger scenes this way too.

Could we make a plugin which triggers a scene? What needs to be done that a device show’s up in this list?!

I’d be happy just to have it trigger the “Virtual Switch” plugin, then the Combination Switch will solve all my problems…

/Cokeman

If this motion sensor shows up properly on Vera’s Dashboard and shows the ‘red running / green standing guy’, you’d use that as the trigger in a scene to do ‘anything’. You wouldn’t use associations, if you use Vera. Or do you get the trigger regardless of light level, and you have to use group 2 to get the desired functionality?

Hi

Motion is one thing, but the associtaions with group, will only be triggeret when the light is low… and I need the low light trigger :frowning:

Are you saying that:

1. Vera will show motion, regardless of light level?
  2. Devices in Group 2 are turned on when just the light level is low?

[quote=“oTi@, post:6, topic:173010”]Are you saying that:

1. Vera will show motion, regardless of light level?
  2. Devices in Group 2 are turned on when just the light level is low?[/quote]

Yes, thats whats it does…

I can use motion for scenes, but I need to trigger a scene only when the light it low…

OK. Interesting; the manual seems to say Group 2 gets triggered when the light is low and there is motion; hence the question.

Anyhow, it sounds like Vera is triggered off of Group 1, and possibly also off of Group 2; and the request is to have some control over this. I’ll write a bug report to request the feature for this device.