Device not Detected (update)

Hi,

I know the device not detected issue was established as an issue with the device rather than Vera after the change from ui5 and ui7 (at least in Vera?s Eyes). Has there been any changes over the past year or so? I changed to ui7 at some point a year or more ago and my devices kept failing with the device not detected error. My home remote app then did not display the status. I don?t want the update to have to go through the hassle of downgrading again.

John

John, where has this been established as a decide issue as opposed to a Vera issue?

Are there any threads on this?

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=36482.225

Towards the end of the thread Vera respond and explain (at least in their opinion)

To be honest I just randomly checked in after a long time away from the forum and I see people are still talking/complaining about it. Amazing.

I’m the same. I go away for a few months or even a year on the basis of when I come back Vera will have metamorphosed into something amazing. Unfortunately, I’m always disappointed

[quote=“Wallace4793, post:1, topic:199886”]Hi,

I know the device not detected issue was established as an issue with the device rather than Vera after the change from ui5 and ui7 (at least in Vera?s Eyes). Has there been any changes over the past year or so? I changed to ui7 at some point a year or more ago and my devices kept failing with the device not detected error. My home remote app then did not display the status. I don?t want the update to have to go through the hassle of downgrading again.

John[/quote]

Hello Wallace4793 and markd,

It’s hard to figure out which could be the root of the issue without a prior analysis, so please contact our Customer Care team at support@getvera.com and let us know how your devices are labeled on Dashboard along with the remote access code of your controller.

Have a nice Sunday!

[quote=“Ionut A, post:6, topic:199886”][quote=“Wallace4793, post:1, topic:199886”]Hi,

John[/quote]

Hello Wallace4793 and markd,

It’s hard to figure out which could be the root of the issue without a prior analysis, so please contact our Customer Care team at support@getvera.com and let us know how your devices are labeled on Dashboard along with the remote access code of your controller.

Have a nice Sunday![/quote]

Hi Ionut A
The support don’t know how to fix this issue. The only solution they have is to unpair and add device again. The problem with this solution is that the same device get the same error message “Cant detect Device” after 2-3 months. This is not device related issues, this is Vera issues. I had 13 different devices with this error message so far after I installed the newest firmware.