Designing a new iPhone (or Android) app for Vera...

[quote=“intveltr, post:21, topic:171375”]The first release will be iPhone only, I will make an iPad version later on. Android isn’t quite on the radar yet; the code should be relatively easy to refactor but I don’t have a development environment yet.

I plan to release a first beta early next month, and anyone is welcome to try it out :)[/quote]

thanks for your job

i like this app

and i want this app ;D

Hi,

Really like what you’re doing, very interested. +1
I’m available to test if that helps you :wink:

Hi!

I am also available for testing your app!
Looks very, very promising!!!

Thanks,
FLo

Also in for testing…

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?srlkrg

any news?

Yes :slight_smile: Work is progressing reasonably well. The code to configure a “home” screen is more or less completed, as well as the mechanism to switch between screens (you can open screens from the Home screen, or flip to the previous / next screen by swiping).

There are two things that need to be coded before releasing the beta:

• A global preferences screen where you can enter Vera / MIOS details
  • Saving / loading preferences

There’s more to be done like putting some spit & polish on the GUI, push notifications and audible alarms, but I like to release the basic beta as soon as possible and get some feedback. I’m confident I can get it ready early next month, and push it through the App store acceptance process quickly.

I’ve started to set up the Beta for this app. There’s only a few things to add to the software before it is ready for testing.

I’ll be using TestFlight to manage the beta distribution. Anyone who is interested in participating, please do the following:

1. Sign up with TestFlight at www.testflightapp.com.
  2. Send me a PM with your email address, so I can add you to the Beta
  3. At some point, you’ll have to provision your device for this beta. Simply log on to your account at TestFlight from your iPhone, and install the certificate when prompted.
  4. You’ll be notified by email when the beta version is uploaded (in a week or so).

In case you have privacy or security concerns regarding TestFlight, please PM me your iPhone’s UDID along with your email address, so that you can install and run the app manually.

I did the registration on testflight but I can’t PM you as a newbie. Can you provide an emailadress?
Thanks in advance.

homewave@intvelt.com :slight_smile:

I am also a newbie! I sent you my email address a few moments ago!! Thanks so very much for all your efforts on this App.

Another newbie here. Sent email. Thanks in advance.

Another beta tester here. I sent you a private message.

Thanks
Matteo

Very nice app. Potential iVera killer for a much better price. Keep up the good work! Thanks from a happy beta tester…

have looked to the youtube movie and looks very promissing

just a querry/ observation; make it also protected that you can not midify it by mistake

than you have a fixed remote with a limited number of functions; lights on / off, dimming to a certain level, etc
(and your work for setting up can not be deleted or modyfied by mistake)

i look forward to the release

rdgs

huib

The app has the option of hiding the Setup button so it cannot be pressed by accident. Alternatively the setup screen can be protected with a PIN.

It starts to sound even better
As asked before by others ; need any help for testing.?
rgds and look forward to see more
Huib

The beta phase is over, but the app has been submitted to the App store so it will hopefully be available there soon.

very good news, what the official name at the itunes store?

Searching for HomeWave will turn it up in the app store :slight_smile:

Found it, and based on the YouTube video, I purchased it. I’ve been using iVera (full) for probably over a year. I’ll let you know which one I end up using more often…