DataYours - App Store Release

[quote=“akbooer, post:38, topic:186018”][quote=“ServiceXp, post:36, topic:186018”]So this is what I did:
[…]

Then in the datayours children I added : “/dev/sda1/” as the location (I also tried /dev/sda1/datayours/)[/quote]

I’m sorry, but where do those images come from? It looks like nothing I’ve ever seen.

The only thing you need to know is that your storage can been seen from Vera. [tt]ssh[/tt] into it and do [tt]df[/tt]:

[ul][li]Do you see your device? [/li]
[li] What is its pathname?[/li][/ul]

[Edit: actually, it looks like the mount point might be /datayours/ ? Try that as LOCAL_DATA_DIR ][/quote]

Those images came from the Info Viewer Plug-In’s LuCI Router Interface page.

df returned:

Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on /dev/root 4608 4608 0 100% /rom tmpfs 63728 3384 60344 5% /tmp tmpfs 512 0 512 0% /dev /dev/mtdblock7 11264 2348 8916 21% /overlay overlayfs:/overlay 11264 2348 8916 21% / /dev/mtdblock8 4480 4480 0 100% /mios

Which doesn’t look like it contains the datayours mount…

I also tried /datayours/ as the location and that did work either, same error…

Ok, Making progress I think…

I rebooted Vera and ran df again and this is what I have.

Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on /dev/root 4608 4608 0 100% /rom tmpfs 63728 404 63324 1% /tmp tmpfs 512 0 512 0% /dev /dev/mtdblock7 11264 2344 8920 21% /overlay overlayfs:/overlay 11264 2344 8920 21% / [b]/dev/sda1 30375436 133112 28699332 0% /tmp/log/cmh[/b] /dev/mtdblock8 4480 4480 0 100% /mios

In bold is my USB Drive. So do I use /tmp/log/cmh (which I have no ideal why that there) ordo I use /dev/sda1 or something else? It’s strange because I used the name datayours as the mount point but I don’t see that anywhere…

Ok so it looks like I have success! The correct path is /tmp/log/cmh/datayours/

So to recap here for others. This is what I did (not sure if it’s correct or not) to get datayours to log to a USB Drive.

Programs Used:

1. AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard for windows 7

2. Paragon ExtFS for Windows to mount the ext3 drive in windows 7

3. Formatted a USB Drive ext3 with the partition name datayours

4. Created a folder named “datayours”; moved the 2 files listed above inside this folder, then moved the whole thing the root of the USB Drive.

5. Plugged USB into USB Hub connected to Vera 3

6. Using Info Viewer’s LuCI Router Interface >> to System >> to Mount Points

7. Clicked on the Add button under Mount Points.

Below are some screen shots of the mount information (Use “rw,relatime,errors=continue,barrier=0,data=ordered” for the Mount options field) also make sure you tic the Enable this mount check box.

1. Clicked Save and Apply
  2. Using LuCI Router Interface click on Reboot menu item.

From there you should be able to use the /tmp/log/cmh/datayours/ path in the datayours child devices.

How do you delete a watched variable? nowatch does not seem to work.

I’m not an aficionado of the dark art of mounting USB sticks on Vera, but I am concerned that you have ended up with a mount path on a temporary data structure (the clue is in the name “/tmp/…”). Vera also has a record of reformatting USB sticks it mounts for logging from time to time. So I would suggest that you check these actions in a thread about USBs (there seem plenty to choose from!) because people with that knowledge may not be looking here.

How do you delete a watched variable? nowatch does not seem to work.
"Nowatch" stops watching a variable - you can turn it on again any time you like with "watch". You have to work a little harder to delete something permanently from the database. In fact, all you need to do is to physically delete the file from the Whisper database directory, but you do have to ensure that you have indeed stopped watching it, or [tt]DataYours[/tt] will simply create it again at the next update.

@clippermiami

The missing details on configuring [tt]DataYours[/tt] device-free:

You need to unzip and copy the attached [tt]carbon.conf[/tt] file to Vera’s [tt]/www/[/tt] directory. It’s tiny (actually, bigger zipped than unzipped!) and you will see that it simply has sections for each of the daemons with their configuration parameters, named in exactly the same way as the device variables. Since each daemon is configured quite separately, the LOCAL_DATA_DIR and SYSLOG parameters have to be set (probably to the same thing) independently. This file is for a default, single-machine configuration writing data archives to [tt]/nas/[/tt]. Feel free to edit the key parameters as you will.

The other thing you need is code to startup your required daemons. Place the following in your Lua Startup, save it, and restart.

--
-- Configure carbon daemons for DataYours device-free installation.
-- 2015-03-01  @akbooer 
-- run this as part of Lua startup
--

local DAEMONS = "Watcher Cache Graph Dash"

for daemon in DAEMONS:gmatch "%w+" do
  local d = require ("L_Data" .. daemon .. "7")
  if d
    then d.init()
    else luup.log ("Unable to start DataYours daemon: " .. daemon)
  end
end

You should now have everything running in the Startup address space, with no visible sign of a Vera device at all. Going to the usual URL [tt]http://:3480/data_request?id=lr_dashboard[/tt] should bring up the dashboard, and the configuration pages should show that the daemons are running.

[quote=“akbooer, post:46, topic:186018”]@clippermiami

The missing details on configuring [tt]DataYours[/tt] device-free:

You need to unzip and copy the attached [tt]carbon.conf[/tt] file to Vera’s [tt]/www/[/tt] directory. It’s tiny (actually, bigger zipped than unzipped!) and you will see that it simply has sections for each of the daemons with their configuration parameters, named in exactly the same way as the device variables. Since each daemon is configured quite separately, the LOCAL_DATA_DIR and SYSLOG parameters have to be set (probably to the same thing) independently. This file is for a default, single-machine configuration writing data archives to [tt]/nas/[/tt]. Feel free to edit the key parameters as you will.

The other thing you need is code to startup your required daemons. Place the following in your Lua Startup, save it, and restart.

--
-- Configure carbon daemons for DataYours device-free installation.
-- 2015-03-01  @akbooer 
-- run this as part of Lua startup
--

local DAEMONS = "Watcher Cache Graph Dash"

for daemon in DAEMONS:gmatch "%w+" do
  local d = require ("L_Data" .. daemon .. "7")
  if d
    then d.init()
    else luup.log ("Unable to start DataYours daemon: " .. daemon)
  end
end

You should now have everything running in the Startup address space, with no visible sign of a Vera device at all. Going to the usual URL [tt]http://:3480/data_request?id=lr_dashboard[/tt] should bring up the dashboard, and the configuration pages should show that the daemons are running.[/quote]

I will try this as soon as I have a few minutes free to “cast the bones” and “invoke the spirits of Vera” :slight_smile:

Thanks

No chicken entrails for good luck?

No chicken entrails for good luck?[/quote]

I KNEW I forgot something :slight_smile: NOW it will work

For added confidence (mine, not yours) I have configured one of my VeraLites (UI5) in the prescribed way. With a favourable phase of the moon, and the right chicken, it has all worked absolutely swimmingly. Come on in, the water’s fine.

1. I setup 5 devices this morning, (3 temp and 2 Humidity), the temps look like they are recording just fine, but there is no information for either one of the humidity sensors (they have been changing their % reading through out the day).

How should I go about diagnosing the problem?

[quote=“ServiceXp, post:51, topic:186018”][…] no information for either one of the humidity sensors (they have been changing their % reading through out the day).

How should I go about diagnosing the problem?[/quote]

Your first port of call is always the Configuration page. If you you click on the [tt]Watcher[/tt] icon then the information there should be very revealing: in particular, which variables it thinks are being watched, and a tally of how many times they have been updated. Similarly, the [tt]Cache[/tt] configuration will tell you what has been received and stored.

If you care to share the above, then we can make progress.

For added confidence (mine, not yours) I have configured one of my VeraLites (UI5) in the prescribed way. With a favourable phase of the moon, and the right chicken, it has all worked absolutely swimmingly. Come on in, the water’s fine.[/quote]

I have scheduled a visit to the local entrail purveyor

[quote=“akbooer, post:52, topic:186018”][quote=“ServiceXp, post:51, topic:186018”][…] no information for either one of the humidity sensors (they have been changing their % reading through out the day).

How should I go about diagnosing the problem?[/quote]

Your first port of call is always the Configuration page. If you you click on the [tt]Watcher[/tt] icon then the information there should be very revealing: in particular, which variables it thinks are being watched, and a tally of how many times they have been updated. Similarly, the [tt]Cache[/tt] configuration will tell you what has been received and stored.

If you care to share the above, then we can make progress.[/quote]

Thanks akbooer

Here is the Watcher Info:

[code]DataWatcher2 CONFIGURATION at Mon Mar 2 18:53:22 2015

DAEMON = {
VERSION = “2015.02.12 DataDaemon7 @akbooer”,
client = “DataWatcher2”,
destinations = {“127.0.0.1:2003”},
errors = {count = 0},
http = {received = 10},
ip = “192.168.1.5”,
start_time = “Mon Mar 2 07:08:57 2015”,
udp = {
last_received = {},
last_sent = {[“127.0.0.1:2003”] = “Vera-XXXXXXXX.XXX.urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:EnergyMetering1.Watts 1251 1425340389”},
received = 0,
sent = 427}}

DATAWATCHER = {
VERSION = “2015.02.18 DataWatcher7 @akbooer”,
tally = {
[“028.urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HumiditySensor1.CurrentLevel”] = 0,
[“028.urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSensor1.CurrentTemperature”] = 15,
[“092.urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HumiditySensor1.CurrentLevel”] = 0,
[“092.urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSensor1.CurrentTemperature”] = 44,
[“108.urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSensor1.CurrentTemperature”] = 227,
[“140.urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:EnergyMetering1.Watts”] = 141}}

[relay] = {
DESTINATIONS = “127.0.0.1:2003”,
SYSLOG = “”}[/code]

And here is the Cache info:

[code]DataCache2 CONFIGURATION at Mon Mar 2 18:53:42 2015

DAEMON = {
VERSION = “2015.02.12 DataDaemon7 @akbooer”,
client = “DataCache2”,
destinations = {},
errors = {count = 0},
http = {received = 3},
ip = “192.168.1.5”,
start_time = “Mon Mar 2 07:08:55 2015”,
udp = {
last_received = {[“127.0.0.1:2003”] = “Vera-XXXXXXX.XXX.urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:EnergyMetering1.Watts 1215 1425340409”},
last_sent = {},
received = 429,
sent = 0}}

DATACACHE = {
VERSION = “2015.02.18 DataCache7 @akbooer”,
stats = {
cpu = 2.315,
updates = 429},
tally = {
Vera-XXXXXXXX.028.urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSensor1.CurrentTemperature = 15,
Vera-XXXXXXXX.092.urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSensor1.CurrentTemperature = 44,
Vera-XXXXXXXX.108.urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSensor1.CurrentTemperature = 228,
Vera-XXXXXXXX.140.urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:EnergyMetering1.Watts = 142},
whisper = “/tmp/log/cmh/datayours/”}

[cache] = {
LOCAL_DATA_DIR = “/tmp/log/cmh/datayours/”,
SYSLOG = “”,
UDP_RECEIVER_PORT = “2003”} [/code]

So If I’m reading this correctly it’s not getting the updates from my humidity sensors?

@ServiceXp
Are you sure that that is the correct “id” for the humidity sensors? Since it is the same as the “id” of your temperature sensor.

Is this compatible w/ UI5? From the first post on this thread, I thoguht it was. But when I installed it, I get a blank device that says Data Yours for UI7.

Yes, entirely compatible. You can just change the device name. I started off calling it ‘for UI7’, and it turns out that its the one thing you can’t change once you’ve created an app in the store!

Have you installed the [tt]DataYours-Graphite[/tt] plugin also? You need it.

[quote=“korttoma, post:55, topic:186018”]@ServiceXp
Are you sure that that is the correct “id” for the humidity sensors? Since it is the same as the “id” of your temperature sensor.[/quote]

Perhaps it’s some sort of multi-sensor? My fear would be that only the temperature signals changes and the humidity has to be polled?

@ServiceXp, what sort of sensor is it?

Hi!

the configuration page is always empty!
at least; I thought is was!

it seems that when I run the config page in chrome/fullscreen, all the config data is shifted to the right, completely off-screen
when I resize the browser window, all config data is visible!

very odd.

[quote=“dohmenict, post:59, topic:186018”]it seems that when I run the config page in chrome/fullscreen, all the config data is shifted to the right, completely off-screen
when I resize the browser window, all config data is visible!

very odd.[/quote]

Very odd indeed. There are certainly some differences between browsers: I avoid IE, and stick to Firefox. This may be me doing something wrong with HTML (almost definitely) but if you have a work-around that’s great. Thanks for sharing.