CT101 from Lowes

Hi there,
Quick question. I am looking for a smart thermostat to install on my vacation home 2 hours away (I got a bill of 500 bucks in gas). Looking at the forum it seems like this one from Lowes works great:

Ct101
http://www.lowes.com/pd_388565-69305-CT-101-L_0__?productId=3735317

Because I need to drive 2 hours to install it, I want to get something that sets up out of the box (I have the VeraEdge controller).

I assume during the setup, you choose the following thermostat from the Vera portal: Thermostat RT CT100
Correct ? It seems close enough to the Lowes model.

Any other suggestion to install pain free this thermostat?

By the way, the main remote functions I need to do is to lower the temperature, when people jack it up and bring it down to 55 when they leave (I have the zwave lock, so when someone leaves I can trigger a scene to lower the temperature).

Thanks!

I don’t have any Lowes versions, but I would expect it would. It may take a while to “pair” all the configs. Be patient before assuming it is not working.

Remember to take a picture of your current wiring hookups before you start. Will give you a fall back plan.

Just did the installation yesterday, thinking it was going to be one of those sleepless troubleshooting nights. Surprisingly it was painless. I have the 3 wires (W, G, RH … no C, so battery operated.) configuration. Instructions were clear and pairing was very fast (I picked the CT 100 on the listed VeraEdge thermostats).
Seems working great for what I need to do (lower temp. when guest jack it up. Make sure thermostat in not off, etc…).

Generally speaking the VeraEdge controller is pretty good. I had it for a month, controlling a keyless lock, an outdoor camera and now the thermostat. I had to reboot (router, controller) only once (yesterday as matter of fact) because in the last 2/3 days the lock was not responding and the camera streaming was failing. Rebooting everything fixed all the instability issues. Not bad 1 time in one month I guess, but for me, being the property 3 hours away I need to find a way to reboot everything remotely … just in case.

[quote=“thelift, post:3, topic:190736”]Just did the installation yesterday, thinking it was going to be one of those sleepless troubleshooting nights. Surprisingly it was painless. I have the 3 wires (W, G, RH … no C, so battery operated.) configuration. Instructions were clear and pairing was very fast (I picked the CT 100 on the listed VeraEdge thermostats).
Seems working great for what I need to do (lower temp. when guest jack it up. Make sure thermostat in not off, etc…).

Generally speaking the VeraEdge controller is pretty good. I had it for a month, controlling a keyless lock, an outdoor camera and now the thermostat. I had to reboot (router, controller) only once (yesterday as matter of fact) because in the last 2/3 days the lock was not responding and the camera streaming was failing. Rebooting everything fixed all the instability issues. Not bad 1 time in one month I guess, but for me, being the property 3 hours away I need to find a way to reboot everything remotely … just in case.[/quote]

Run the c wire or use the kit to convert so you can get off batteries. It will prevent alot of nightmares down the road.
Also you may find that most a/c wires in the wall have extra unused wires already ran in the pair. You can use those wire hooking the c wire up on both ends.

I have this thermostat and a vera3 ui5. I ran it for about a year on battery power with no issues until that furnace died. My new furnace has the powered C wire. I have noticed no differences in my vera performance over the last year.

It is a solid device and I have had no troubles with it.

Definitely use the kit to convert to line powered.

I bought one today. Installed easily (with a C wire). Not getting humidity data in /Vera although I can see humidity on the thermostat itself. Looks like the variable is missing in the device.

Found a fix for the humidity - never would have guess: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,32201.msg320332.html#msg320332