Connecting Smarthings devices to Vera Plus

Just started with thew new Vera Plus.
Can not connect my Smarthings motion sensors and smartthings multi sensor to VERA
Anyone has experience with this kind of an issue?
I am aware Smarthings is not officially supported, but still these 2 devices are zigbee devices and I would have thought they should work,

If it is ZigBee, Vera’s support is pretty much lacking. See the compatibility list here http://getvera.com/compatibility/.

Unfortunately, Zigbee is not standard enough for devices to just work. Each device type has to be specifically designed into Vera and it will take some time for the list of compatible devices to grow. I guess the Bluetooth list will take even longer.
z-wave is more of a standard and basic devices should work out of the box. Even on these though, special will be hit and miss until designed in.

[quote=“Slartibartfast, post:3, topic:191719”]Unfortunately, Zigbee is not standard enough for devices to just work. Each device type has to be specifically designed into Vera and it will take some time for the list of compatible devices to grow. I guess the Bluetooth list will take even longer.
z-wave is more of a standard and basic devices should work out of the box. Even on these though, special will be hit and miss until designed in.[/quote]

It is also unfortunate that you probably won’t know the limitations until after you have made your purchase and then find it doesn’t work.

From the product description:
“Plus it’s compatible with an even wider range of devices that use ZigBee and Bluetooth wireless protocols, along with Z-Wave and Wi-Fi! You can connect with more devices regardless of the type of wireless technology your device uses.”

I would call that very misleading, or worse.

It also depends on which version of the SmarthThings sensors you have. The newest ones (released around the same time as the V2 hub) are rebranded Centralite sensors and connected with no issues. The original SmartThings sensors (Kickstarter versions) connected but didn’t work and caused the VeraPlus to reload every two minutes.

I’m trying to migrate some recently purchased smartthings motion sensors to a VeraPlus. Please let me know how you got them connect with no issues. I’ve had some issues getting them to connect. Were you able to get the Temp sensor to work?