Configure Nest thermostat to Vera3 Nest Plugin

Just a note to say that this change is present in version 1.4 of the plugin which is now available in the app store.

Regards,
watou

My UI5 still says version 1.3 and I have it on “Auto Update”. Anything I am missing to get it to version 1.4?

I’ve noticed the same thing and I don’t have an explanation. It seems like something has changed with Vera. I can see from my apps.mios.com login that the 1.4 plugin was published on January 17, and the 1.3 is no longer listed.

I’ve noticed the same thing and I don’t have an explanation. It seems like something has changed with Vera. I can see from my apps.mios.com login that the 1.4 plugin was published on January 17, and the 1.3 is no longer listed.[/quote]

I cannot even find the NEST plugin but I assumed that is because I have it already installed. I am not going to uninstall my current one. Let’s see if this gets resolved by somebody.

I assume the same, and I too hope it sorts out soon without users having to uninstall/reinstall.

I installed the 1.4 update manually from MiOS Apps

Awesome. Clicked on install and it updated to version 1.4. Thanks a lot.

Can i use the plug via local wifi only - locally?
when nest is not connected to the internet but to the local wifi and my vera is to the local wifi too with no internet?

Thanx

[quote=“therealabdo, post:28, topic:175163”]Can i use the plug via local wifi only - locally?
when nest is not connected to the internet but to the local wifi and my vera is to the local wifi too with no internet?[/quote]

This kind of connection is not possible – the thermostat only communicates back to nest.com, and the plugin logs into your nest.com account to learn of all your thermostats, even ones on different networks in other houses. There is no way to talk directly to specific thermostats without involving “the cloud.”

:frowning:
that is bad :frowning:

thanks for your reply :smiley: