Conditions in weird state

I am confused…

on PLEG status… it shows me conditions, where most of them are false:

[b]TurnBasementLightsOff[/b] No BasementLightsOn and !TimerBasement and (BasementLightsOn; !TimerBasement) and (!BasementLightsOn; BasementLightsOn > 10) false 2014-11-03 00:18:42.251  2014-11-03 00:18:43.040  

makes sense, I suppose.

But then there are other “OFF” conditions that are true:

[b]TurnFirstFloorHallwayLightsOff[/b] No FirstFloorHallwayLightsOn and !TimerFirstFloorHallway and (FirstFloorHallwayLightsOn; !TimerFirstFloorHallway) and (!FirstFloorHallwayLightsOn; FirstFloorHallwayLightsOn > 10) true 2014-11-05 23:06:02.286  2014-11-05 23:05:50.266  

Why would it be one or the other? I wonder if it has anything to do with people possibly turning off/on the lights manually?

Also, I have a trigger to fire when a PIN code is entered, and then this condition:

TurnFoyerLightOn No FrontDoorPINEntered true 2014-11-04 17:09:05.318  2014-11-03 06:57:09.093  

But it always stays at true. Do I need to check the Repeat box?

It’s hard to answer your questions without a COMPLETE status report.

The status report allows you you to mentally evaluate your conditions against the reported status values and understand why the logic is behaving as reported.
Many people do not completely understand the sequence expressions.

TurnFoyerLightOn No FrontDoorPINEntered true 2014-11-04 17:09:05.318 2014-11-03 06:57:09.093

But it always stays at true. Do I need to check the Repeat box?

YES - the lock only changes this variable when a DIFFERENT user opens the door … it ALWAYS reports the LAST person to unlock the door.

Here’s one of them…

DenMainLight seems to be a culprit. I just turned it off/on via vera, as well as manually… and the status report still shows last true/false as weeks ago.

Also, I know that if I turn on a light within 10 seconds of going off, that it is going to stay on until I manually turn it off. What happens if I turn it on before motion picks it up? Wondering if this is a timing issue…

[quote=“johnes, post:3, topic:183956”]Here’s one of them…

DenMainLight seems to be a culprit. I just turned it off/on via vera, as well as manually… and the status report still shows last true/false as weeks ago.

Also, I know that if I turn on a light within 10 seconds of going off, that it is going to stay on until I manually turn it off. What happens if I turn it on before motion picks it up? Wondering if this is a timing issue…[/quote]

I just looked at your status report. Either you posted something old or you have a time issue. Look at the current date and time on the top of the first page. This whole thing is showing from a month ago.

I posted an older one simply because I haven’t made any changes to the logic… the fields that are the problem are the Last True and Last False…

For example, take a look at the MudRoom actions/conditions… that is one of them that never seems to turn off. Also, the FloorHallwayLightsOff is another.

Here’s the thing:

StairsLightsOn StairsLights is turned on false 2014-11-07 21:09:55.425 2014-11-07 21:18:33.285 UpstairsHallwayLightsOn UpstairsHallwayLights is turned on true 2014-11-07 21:09:55.795 2014-11-07 21:07:22.107 UpstairsHallwayMotionTripped UpstairsHallwayMotion is tripped false 2014-11-08 13:55:18.725 2014-11-08 13:55:36.655

i’ve turned these lights on/off manually just now, and also via vera. So wondering why one still shows as on, even though both are off, and why their status hasn’t reported since last night.

[quote=“johnes, post:6, topic:183956”]Here’s the thing:

StairsLightsOn StairsLights is turned on false 2014-11-07 21:09:55.425 2014-11-07 21:18:33.285 UpstairsHallwayLightsOn UpstairsHallwayLights is turned on true 2014-11-07 21:09:55.795 2014-11-07 21:07:22.107 UpstairsHallwayMotionTripped UpstairsHallwayMotion is tripped false 2014-11-08 13:55:18.725 2014-11-08 13:55:36.655

i’ve turned these lights on/off manually just now, and also via vera. So wondering why one still shows as on, even though both are off, and why their status hasn’t reported since last night.[/quote]

It would be more helpful to post the current status while your explaining this.

If you look at the Vera Dashboard … does it show the correct state for these devices ?
i.e. does PLEG have a different view from the dashboard ?

If they are the same … then the problem is in your devices reporting status back to Vera.

If they are different … then it points to some type of bug … To help debug this … turn on DEBUG with output in the Vera Log file for this PLEG device (using the Log Command).
I will need to see the VERA log file during the interval when you change the Z-Wave switch manually … and Vera Dashboard sees the change … but PLEG does NOT.

Hi Richard -

So, the vera UI always shows the correct state… but like you suggested, PLEG shows a different value for Last True and Last False (which is why the behavior is the way it is…).

I will turn on debug tonight… but here’s the log file w/o debugging.

I should point out, that for the lights in question - I never manually turn them on… they are controlled by motion sensors (think bathroom and hallways). So I can certainly turn them on manually to populate the debug log…

Does a scene or PLEG turn this on or does it go on via ZWave associations?

I don’t use scenes… just PLEG.

So in this case: FirstFloorHallwayLights, a motion turns them on for 10 seconds. Sometimes they turn off, sometimes they don’t. Sometimes the problem is in another room with the same logic.

No one turns them on manually, and I only turn them off manually when they don’t do it like they are supposed to. I’ll IM you the log file now.

Any idea on what to do? Today, for example, I had a bunch of people over and the entire system is a mess… Lights either not turning off when supposed to, or not turning on when they should. The Last True and Last False are completely bad data which is why I am thinking that that is the issue.

Digging into this more… it seems that:

• Vera always has the correct status
  • PLEG gets confused.
  • Why that is, I don’t know, but it happens often enough that it’s beyond not convenient and I wish there was something for me to try. It’s not a logic issue, it’s a status issue, at least that is what I can tell.

If anyone has any ideas, I’d much appreciate them.

[quote=“johnes, post:14, topic:183956”]Digging into this more… it seems that:

• Vera always has the correct status
  • PLEG gets confused.
  • Why that is, I don’t know, but it happens often enough that it’s beyond not convenient and I wish there was something for me to try. It’s not a logic issue, it’s a status issue, at least that is what I can tell.

If anyone has any ideas, I’d much appreciate them.[/quote]

Don’t think we are ignoring you but I just don’t think we have an explanation or solution.

Sounds like something is corrupt and I would re-install PLEG.

I assume that means re-creating all of my schedules, triggers, actions, etc?

[quote=“integlikewhoa, post:15, topic:183956”]Don’t think we are ignoring you but I just don’t think we have an explanation or solution.

Sounds like something is corrupt and I would re-install PLEG.[/quote]

That’s probably the only way forward at this stage, at the very least it’s worth a try.

So I deleted PLEG and spent 1.5 hours recreating all of my stuff since the backup / restore didn’t work. That’s OK, it was a good exercise…

Everything seemed more responsive, but now, I have my ButlerPantry Light that turned on w/ motion, but has not turned off.

Vera shows it on. It is on. But PLEG status shows that it is off. The weird thing with this is that I have not turned it on manually, and the last off schedule should have fired… it at least told PLEG that the light is off (when it isn’t). If PLEG could just query the light’s status, everythign would work.

ButlerPantryLightOn ButlerPantryLight is turned on false
Last True: 2014-11-27 21:45:32.883
Last False: 2014-11-27 21:46:02.602

Schedules:

TimerButlerPantry Self ReTrigger None Interval 00:00:30 None false
Last On: 2014-11-27 21:55:02.635
Last Off: 2014-11-27 21:55:32.100

Triggers:
ButlerPantryLightOn ButlerPantryLight is turned on
ButlerPantryMotionTripped ButlerPantryMotion armed is tripped

Schedules:
TimerButlerPantry Self ReTrigger None Interval 00:00:30 None

Conditions:
TurnButlerPantryLightOn No !ButlerPantryLightOn and ButlerPantryMotionTripped and (!ButlerPantryLightOn; ButlerPantryMotionTripped > 10)
KeepButlerPantryLightOn No (ButlerPantryLightOn and ButlerPantryMotionTripped and (ButlerPantryLightOn; ButlerPantryMotionTripped)) or TurnButlerPantryLightOn
TurnButlerPantryLightOff No ButlerPantryLightOn and !TimerButlerPantry and (ButlerPantryLightOn; !TimerButlerPantry) and (!ButlerPantryLightOn; ButlerPantryLightOn > 10)

I believe your Vera has some serious problems.
If the states are not correct … then Vera is not responding to events …
PLEG not working is just a symptom of this problem.
How often is your Vera Restarting ?
What is your memory footprint ? You may be trying to do to much with your Vera.
What type of Vera ?
How many of each kind of Device/Plugin ?

Let me state again, that Vera always shows the correct state. PLEG’s reports do not. I guess it’s easy to pass this off as a vera problem, but Vera shows the right status. It would seem to me, that if PLEG shows the wrong status in the report, and Vera shows the right one, the fact that it’s not working is because of that… if PLEG had the right status (like, if it knew that the list was off, it would probably turn it on, etc.)

It’s most noticeable on lights that I have set to turn off after 15 seconds, as opposed to ones that stay on for a minute or two.

How often is your Vera Restarting ?
[code]Mem Available 94392 kilo bytes CPU Load (1 minute) 0.09 CPU Load (5 minute) 0.13 CPU Load (15 minute) 0.17 Last CMH Reboot 03:04:28 Fri 28 Nov 2014 Last Vera Restart 03:05:56 Fri 28 Nov 2014 Last Luup Restart 23:26:56 Sat 29 Nov 201[/code]
What is your memory footprint ? You may be trying to do to much with your Vera.
See above?
What type of Vera ?
Vera 3
How many of each kind of Device/Plugin ?
Plugin: Weather XBMC Day or Night System Monitor DataMine PLEG

Thermostat

Aeon Switches: 41
Battery Motion: 21
Door Sensor: 14
Shlage Lock: 2
Tilt Sensor: 1
Cameras: 7

PLEG:
Triggers: 52
Schedules: 21
Conditions: 60