Condition/Action that won't go away (Solved)

I’m on version 4.0 of all the PL plugins, and yet I still have a phantom condition or action that is turning my lights on when it shouldn’t! And for the record, I have deleted PL devices (without first removing the inputs). The PL devices has done some automatic clean-ups, but the problem persists. I would appreciate any help in troubleshooting please.

EDIT: Updated to version 4.1 today, and I am pleased to say all my troubles have gone away :slight_smile:

Still running into this issue on 4.1. It’s very aggravating :frowning:

Hopefully we can find a solution.

Here’s the report and debug log. In this case, device 75 (node 21 - Kitchen Light) is being shut down as soon as it’s turned on. Of course, that’s not supposed to happen.

BTW, what is the proper way to remove devices from PLEG to prevent this from happening?

Ok, looking at the logs, it looked like the phantom device was attached to PLEG condition 17. This was happening despite the device not appearing in the action UI, and this switch was never associated with that condition.

I’ve re-saved it again, and it seems the problem has gone away, I hope!

Have i put too many PLEG items into one device?

For each PL device … edit any action … change something … then change it back.
That should fix it. In your scenario you have a ghost event … but it’s attached to a working PL device.

Thanks Richard. I tried editing any action as previously mentioned to be working for others, but it didn’t make any difference in this case for some reason.

It wasn’t until I checked the debug log closely that I discovered the phantom device was triggered by action #17. After changing and re-saving that action specifically, the problem went away.

I think it may have something to do with the way i’m removing devices (go into action, delete event, save, reload, delete action). Is there a proper method?

Looks like there is something profoundly corrupted with this install. Each time I make an adjustment to a condition or action, phantom devices keep returning. I’m going to remove this instance and start from scratch.

What do you mean phantom Devices keep returning ?

Sorry, i should explain more clearly. I don’t think devices was the right description.

About a week ago, i setup an action in PLEG to dim a particular light to 30%. 30% didn’t turn out to work, so I deleted that action by removing it in the PLEG ‘actions’ UI (In PLEG, go into actions tab → click edit → click the red x to remove the action → save). Despite deleting the action, it would still trigger from time to time.

Sometimes (maybe half the time) when I make any adjustments and save a condition or action on that particular PLEG device, the deleted scene will start triggering, even though I’ve triple-checked everywhere else in vera to ensure it does not exist anywhere else. The end result becomes a situation where even if I’m operating the switch manually (on or off), the light might adjust itself to 30%.

The dimmer is just one example, I also performed similar operations for turning off several other lights and ran into the same type of problem.

As mentioned previously, i’m on PLC and PLEG 4.1. I’m afraid I’ve already deleted the logs, but I hope the ones I uploaded two days ago might help trace the issue?

On a somewhat separate note, after uninstalling PLEG from vera and rebooting, the scenes associated to that PLEG device were still listening for events and appearing in the log. It wasn’t until I manually deleted the scene by running the http://ip_address:3480/data_request?id=device&action=delete&scene= command that I was finally able to get the scene to stop showing up in the log.

All of things you describe are possible prior to the 4.1 release.
Also when you delete a PL device you will still see things in the logs.
But they should have NO actions associated with them … and the next time you open a PL editor in the Browsers … it will be deleted.

This was on 4.1.

Yes, what i’m saying is the scenes still oddly remained even after opening PL editor and re-saving.

Well it looks like my previous two attempts to clear out ghosts have not been 100% successful.

Thanks to @S-F we have been able to test a new fix that worked for him.
I am including here … and will cross post … and release a new fix.

Upload the file using Apps → Develop Apps → Luup Files → Upload
Reload the browser, Edit an Action for your PL device (Change, Change Back, Save).

Great, thanks Richard! I’ll test it out and report back with results.

I have found that with the latest update I needed to toggle each action to get everything reset.

I have yet another fix … Sorry … this is taking so long … I am having to do this by trial and error … since I do not have the Vera Side of the big red “Save” button.

I am trying to delete something that was previously saved … and having a problem getting Vera to do this.

No worries. Thanks Richard.

Since I’ve deleted the PLEG device and scenes, I’m not running into this problem anymore, but let me know if there is anything I can do to help contribute.

Yep, The 4.x versions should keep from creating the problem … I am still trying to clean up those device that were created prior to this.

I haven’t been using the Light PLEG for a few weeks as I wanted to wait until I had some spare time to play with the coding.
Yesterday I armed it and changed a couple of conditions, found it wouldn’t do what I wanted so I bypassed it for the evening expecting it to have no effect.
Imagine my surprise to find lights turning off with the PLEG disarmed… :o
Oh well, I woke up this morning to an annoyed wify who had the lights turn off half way up the stairs.
Found the patch that was posted and applied it, however with evening approaching the ghost has appeared once again. ???

I’m guessing that I’ll need to delete all the PLEGS now just to be sure that the lights behave through the night.

Any thoughts?

OK, I have found the way that folks are creating these ghost actions.
When editing the actions you are clicking the SAVE button and not the Finished button.

I will need to disable that save button at that time.
Now that I have corrupted my PLEG instance … I will be able to find/provide a fix for those that have these ghost actions.

I now have the definitive fix for Ghost actions … and the fix to keep people from creating them in the first place.

Install the Attached patch:

1. Unzip the attached file
  2. Apps → Develop Apps → Luup Files ->Upload File
  3. Go
  4. Reload Browser Window
  5. Open The Actions tab on ANY PL device … It will fix ALL plugings.

Thanks Richard, hopefully it’s been exorcised…:slight_smile: