Concord 4 Alarm - Arm away (no delay)

I’m using the homewave app and did some testing but the arm (instant) doesn’t do what it suppose to do. It arm the system but it doesn’t arm it as no delay. Because of the stupid safe feature concord 4 have on the system. If you arm the device as away, You need will need open the door sensor acting as you were leaving the house. If not it will go back to arm as STAY to prevent sleep walking at night.

I usually can bypass this by pressing
3 + CODE + 4

3 will arm the system as away
4 will set it to NO DELAY and arm the system.

So if maybe you can add this small feature in with the next release this will make a nice app. Or better yet. Is there a way to edit the setting on the “ARM (instant)” so we can put in the extra code in there?

aboyz, does Instant Arm work from the Vera Web UI? If no, it’ll need to be made to work there first. If yes, what steps do you follow on the Web UI to perform Instant Arm?

(Where I’m headed with this is that there’s a standard way of doing Instant Arm across all alarm panel plugins and I want to know if the Concord 4 plugin adheres to that standard, or if it’s using its own mechanism.)

[quote=“futzle, post:2, topic:176981”]aboyz, does Instant Arm work from the Vera Web UI? If no, it’ll need to be made to work there first. If yes, what steps do you follow on the Web UI to perform Instant Arm?

(Where I’m headed with this is that there’s a standard way of doing Instant Arm across all alarm panel plugins and I want to know if the Concord 4 plugin adheres to that standard, or if it’s using its own mechanism.)[/quote]

the Vera Web UI Arm Away (No Delay) also didn’t work. It arm itself but it goes back to stay. So it is not working in there also.

So what you are saying is homewave app just uses what is in the Vera WEB UI correct? So I will need to make the adjustment in the ALARM PLUGIN is that i? If so do you know where I can add the code in like
3 + code + 4 so this will do a no delay arm away and it will stay arm away instead of going back to arm stay.

thanks for your help…

Yeah, sort of. (A better way to put it is that the web UI and remotes both use the same underlying protocol.)

So I will need to make the adjustment in the ALARM PLUGIN is that i?

That’s one path that will definitely succeed. However it may rely on skills that you don’t currently have. I suggest that you take it up with the developer of that plugin. Mention that it doesn’t work in the web UI; don’t bring HomeWave into the discussion yet as you’ll only deflect discussion away from the requirement that Instant Arm needs to work in the simplest most ubiquitous interface (the web UI).

Will do!! thank you for your reply :slight_smile: