Changing from serial to ethernet gateway

It was a bit dissapointing that when my vera 3 loses power, it also loses the info on the serial port. The ethernet gateway will avoid this I understand.

Last week I recieved my WizNet W5100.

Reading through the “build” part of this website I do have a couple of questions:

#define IP_PORT 5003        // The port you want to open

-Do I need to change this , or leave it as it is? No clue if port 5003 is in use my any of my devices.

-Do I need to remove anything on my vera 3 since I “had” the serial gateway?
-The 4 arduinos which are now included and have a device number, will they still be working ,Or do i have to remove them and include them again?

Thanks,
Cor

You leave this as is… Unless you need to change it because you already use that port but I can tell by your question that’s not so… :grinning:

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Thanks Konrad.

About to make the change … I’ll keep the fingers crossed :slight_smile:

Cor

I’ll make the change tonight too… That way if you run into a problem I’ll know the answer… Needed to do this for a while

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Done it a couple of days ago , and no issues at all , it was very straight forward.
Just a small issue with powering the nano , using Vinn and ground + 12V, 2A adapter , the nano and ethernet shield didn’t like it. When I power via the USB connector it works fine.

Cor