Chamberlain/Liftmaster MyQ Plugin

Right click on Door Controls to Add New Device. Name it and assign it to Door Locks.

Once added, then the last screen shows how to assign it to the right door lock.

So far so good, I already had the door controls but were as lighting control, I reinstalled as it shows as door lock, But again the button association is where the visual has to work. So looking to associate these with the actual garage door button in viewer as in my second attached pdf above and 2nd picture. That’s what I need to get to work.

Thanks a lot for working with me.

This is how it shows up:

Your second screen is good. Just need to assign to the door lock in Configurator. You will hide the door lock from the interface.

The second screen is not mine and I need it to get there. I need the door control to attach with these buttons and work. Thanks

Thanks a lot, it works. Took for ever to have seen that I had it right in front but didn’t pu it together. Thanks a lot for hanging with me and helping.

I have 2 more issues. LGTV menu control on HR200 and also Honeywell t10 not showing in ELAN. I have tried the lyric driver but that doesn’t help. Also for TV I had it working by changing something but now cannot get it to work after redoing the whole system. LGTV is OLED 2016 model. Any insights. Thanks

Not sure on the Honeywell. I have never installed that. For the TV, your TV should be set as the source (for Smart TV functions or Menu). You should then be able to control the TV.

Good morning and Thanks for your insight and help. I had the wrong source attached.

The Honeywell T10 is visible from Vera and works in Vera but translating it into ELAN shows the values in the viewer but shows as disconnected in climate, however can be seen but cannot be controlled.

Hello, has anyone had recent issues with the plug in? It stopped working in July, and I uploaded the most recent “L_MyQGateway.lua” file, and it fixed it. However, it recently stopped working again-stating “Username not configured. Password not configured” despite several attempts. Wondering, if anyone else is having trouble… thanks a ton

I am having the same issue. The plug in quit working so I uninstalled and reinstalled. After setting it up with the username and password I am getting the “username not configured. password not configured”

I’m having the same issue as well. Looks like they changed something again and broke the plugin. Think I’m going to install the GoControl garage door controller I’ve had sitting in the closet and be done with it. This goes on way too often. :unamused:

I have uploaded all the new files and nothing is working.

The unfortunate side effect of an unsupported and unofficial plugin.

Perhaps, but actually, IMO, more attributable to Vera and eZLO’s ongoing negligence in keeping the underlying OS and libraries up to date. You don’t have much of a system if the only stuff that works is what they choose to give you.

2 Likes

I’ve finally had a moment to take a look at this and it seems that MyQ has stopped supporting the v4 API that this plugin currently uses. I have confirmed that that information needed for the plugin is available via the v5 API using curl but porting the plugin from v4 to v5 will require more disposable time than I have available right now. If anyone wants to take a stab at porting to the v5 api before I have a chance to, I will be happy to provide a small suite of bash scripts that show how to use the v5 api.

3 Likes

Have a Chamberlin Garage Opener with MyQ, was working great on Vera. I then added a Liftmaster unit for my RV garage, it also has MyQ. Both units are on communicating fine with the MyQ app. Couldn’t seem to get the Liftmaster to show in the Vera Plugin so I deleted the mios app and started again. Now, I can’t get either to work in the mios plugin. Did a restore for Vera of the previous day (prior to removing the plugin and reinstalling). After loading the credentials on the plugin, it shows one garage door, but will not control even the original Chamberlin.

Two questions:

1. Any suggestions on how to get the app working again?

2. Will it be possible to control both Chamberlin and Liftmaster through the MyQ mios app in Vera?

@blacey just pointed out MYQ isn’t supporting the API the app was built on anymore. I don’t have the technical acumen to port it to the new one (or I would), but I am sure someone will eventually.

Thanks for the quick response. So, to be clear, at this point anyway, the app is no longer working and will be down until someone picks up the ball and runs with it?

After losing my Imperihome, I’m getting less and less interaction with my smart home through Vera. Looks like once again, I am forced to use 3rd party apps to control my devices. Ugh :frowning: