Caution - Leviton zwave dimmers do not work with Vera Edge!

Be careful if you are planning to upgrade to the Vera Edge. Some Leviton ZWave dimmers (at least the VRI06-1LZ model) are not compatible. Specifically, the devices will never get past the initial configuration and Vera will give the following error: “Failed at: Please Wait! Getting the Manufacturer.” Vera initially (in December 2014) claimed that this was a bug in UI7 on the Vera Edge that would be fixed in the December update. Vera now claims that this is a bug in the firmware of the Leviton dimmers and has not stated when (or if) this will ever be fixed. This is hard to believe, given that the same Leviton dimmers are perfectly functional with UI5 on the Vera Lite and Vera 3 (and also work perfectly using zwave controllers from other manufacturers (e.g., Homeseer)).

Vera has known about this problem for over 4 months. If this issue affects you, I strongly recommend reaching out to Vera and Leviton.

See this thread in the lighting sub-forum for more information: [url=http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,29569.0.html]http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,29569.0.html[/url]

Tad,

Just responded to your latest email via Customer Care Portal. We are currently working directly with Leviton to resolve this issue with them, as this impacts all users (myself included, as I have their products as well). I can share in your frustrations surrounding the protracted time-frame (as I said, I have quite a bit of Vizia RF at home), and we are doing our best to have this closed out as part of our 7.0.8 software update next month. Thanks for your continued patience and understanding.

[quote=“Colin Burke McClure, post:2, topic:187030”]Tad,

Just responded to your latest email via Customer Care Portal. We are currently working directly with Leviton to resolve this issue with them, as this impacts all users (myself included, as I have their products as well). I can share in your frustrations surrounding the protracted time-frame (as I said, I have quite a bit of Vizia RF at home), and we are doing our best to have this closed out as part of our 7.0.8 software update next month. Thanks for your continued patience and understanding.[/quote]

Thanks for your response, Colin (and for posting here as well). I truly hope you can get this resolved soon – the time frame and lack of update has been frustrating, to say the least.

Upgraded to U17 (1.7.649) on my VeraLite and my Leviton VRI06-1LZ zwave dimmers, Leviton VRS15-1LZ in-wall switch, 2 of 6 Leviton VRP03-1LW plug in dimming modules and two GE 45605 receptacles stop working. They showed up on the web interface but my VeraLite couldn’t contact them. Tech support was not able to get them to work. They put me back on UI5 1.5.622 and everything is fine again. I guess they still haven’t fixed this issue.

Has this been fixed?

That is pretty screwed up.

[quote=“legend99, post:5, topic:187030”]Has this been fixed?

That is pretty screwed up.[/quote]

Yes, Vera fixed this about a month or two ago in a firmware update on the Edge. I’m not sure why they blamed Leviton the whole time, when clearly they had the ability to fix whatever the issue was on their end. In any event, my Leviton devices are working well now.

Thanks.

Well I don’t think that’s total true that the Leviton ZWave dimmers are now working (which version was suppose to fix this?), I have a Vere Edge that I had to re-include one of my existing Leviton ZWave dimmers after reeling back from v1320 to v1248 calamity. This newly re-included dimmer that previously worked on my Vera3 for a number of years is now in a constantly displayed message “Failed at: Please Wait! Getting the Manufacturer.” with no resolve. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Mike

From other threads on Leviton dimmers and switches. Try bringing your Vera Edge directly next to the Leviton switch when including/configuring it for the first time (or if you had to delete and re-include it). Like older Schlage locks, the Levitons seem to have issues using the mesh for initial inclusion/configuration.

Since the Vera Edge is a z-wave plus device it supports inclusion commands using the mesh (aka using neighboring z-wave devices to boost the pairing signal). This method just doesn’t seem to work right with these complex non-zwave plus devices. By bringing the Vera directly next to the Leviton to do the inclusion you are ensuring the Leviton and Vera talk directly to each other, and not route thorough other z-wave devices. Once the device is fully configured, you should be able to move the Vera back to its original location (note for some of the really old Schlage locks, they just won’t work unless they can talk directly to the controller, the Levitons least from other threads seem to be fine to use the mesh once they have been configured).