Can't see app store in Vera interface?

Hey, hopefully this is something simple/easy. I wanted to install the new Deus Ex II plugin, but when I go to the install apps page, all i get is a the search bar and button, and a blank screen otherwise. Searching returns nothing either. Just an empty page. I’ve restarted Vera several times and same thing…

Any ideas?

Have you logged in? via home.getvera.com?

Cor

I have…still no apps ???

The fun quarks of VERA. I could only suggest things you have already done like reboot. Maybe try a different browser chrome. run a restore. Send a screen shot of what a “blank” screen looks like. Don’t really have a one solution fix.

Yep, if it isn’t one thing acting weird, its another. Several months ago the entire system was fubared…had to manually restore the cmh directly from a backup using the ssh command line login. Good to be a bash hack since I work with unix machines at work.

I tried IE (usually use Chrome) and same issue. I’ll dink around. A bit loathe to do a restore since I just installed a bunch of new devices, but I could always back current up, try a restore to see if it fixes it, and roll back to current if it doesn’t…

[quote=“boykster, post:5, topic:194666”]Yep, if it isn’t one thing acting weird, its another. Several months ago the entire system was fubared…had to manually restore the cmh directly from a backup using the ssh command line login. Good to be a bash hack since I work with unix machines at work.

I tried IE (usually use Chrome) and same issue. I’ll dink around. A bit loathe to do a restore since I just installed a bunch of new devices, but I could always back current up, try a restore to see if it fixes it, and roll back to current if it doesn’t…[/quote]

I see your problem and really don’t have any solution, sorry. Good luck.

I think my Vera has some files missing in the web application…I checked out the source / console using Chrome and some files aren’t being loaded and one script is returning an error. I ssh’d into the box and lo and behold those files are not there…

anyone know if there is a backup of the www folder anywhere stored on the Vera itself? Otherwise I guess I can contact support and let them figure it out…

@boykster I don’t think any of those errors relate to the problems you are having with the store. I might add I can see the store and also don’t have, for example, the language file either.

When the web interface loads the store it calls this URL:

https://apps.mios.com/get_install_plugins_json.php?PK_AccessPoint=<insert_number>&rand=0.3070173506621889

where <insert_number> is your PK_AccessPoint ie the serial number written on the Vera box. Alternatively to find it, search for “PK_AccessPoint” in this page of stuff:

http://<Your_Vera_IP_Address>/port_3480/data_request?id=user_data&output_format=xml

The store URL returns all the json describing the plugins.

If you then search for “Deus Ex Machina II” you find it’s “PK_Plugin”:“8702” and also “PK_Version”:“32061”. These numbers can then be plugged into this URL, which will install the plugin, when called eg:

http://<Your_Vera_IP_Address>:3480/data_request?id=action&serviceId=urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HomeAutomationGateway1&action=CreatePlugin&PluginNum=8702&Version=32061

Cool, I’ll give it a shot…

That worked great - thanks so much! Now I can postpone trying to get the app store working until I need a different app (or I can simply use this method again) ;D

This sounds like issues caused by ad blockers, or something blocking the loading of third party websites. The next time you face this issue, try disabling add-ons in your browser and see if it makes a difference.