Cant readd Fibaro Switch 2

I got hit by the delay problem here http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,63352.0.html

So I unpaired the device, but I could not add it again. Vera does not detect the device. I have tried with resseting the fibaro holding the B button and wait for yellow light and then press B again. Doesnt help.

My guess is the unpair did not went well and the vera thinks its still in the network (thogh its not under my list of devices)

What can I do?

I had something similar with a sensor.
Is it close enough to the vera to pair?
You might want to reboot the Vera, see if that sorts it (perhaps low on memory)

C

Hello Anders,

Please know that if you cannot see the sensor in your devices list after excluding the device then it means it got removed from your network and it cannot be in the list anymore.

You may try to change the batteries on the sensor, factory reset it again and then include it within 5 feet from the controller. If that didn’t work either and your other devices have no issues communicating with your unit, then it could be something from the sensor itself and it would be better to contact the manufacturer and see if they could do anything.

Thank you. :slight_smile:

I think Radu’s right. If it doesn’t show up the UI, is was either removed from your zwave network or it maybe hidden (which you could still see using ALTUI).

I would try to unpair it again (just pick any other device and delete then unpair to set the controller into exclude mode) or factory reset it to be sure and try pairing it again with fresh batteries…

Thanks guys, after what felt like 200 unpairs, factory resets of module etc it worked. If they want z-wave togo mainstream this must work better.

^^^
I know it doesn’t help but Homeseer has a inbuilt exclusion feature, I don’t bother trying with Vera it’s a nightmare as you found out.

ALTUI has it too… With UI7, you just need to know how to get to it. It took some time to get used to and is not intuitive… There is no dedicated exclude button.

[quote=“Radu B, post:3, topic:200428”]Hello Anders,

Please know that if you cannot see the sensor in your devices list after excluding the device then it means it got removed from your network and it cannot be in the list anymore.

You may try to change the batteries on the sensor, factory reset it again and then include it within 5 feet from the controller. If that didn’t work either and your other devices have no issues communicating with your unit, then it could be something from the sensor itself and it would be better to contact the manufacturer and see if they could do anything.

Thank you. :)[/quote]

well, you should better wonder why after 10 month there is still no fix for those modules and no fair answer

FYI, when I have had this happen in the past with other devices (e.g. Leviton in-wall dimmer switch), I used the “Replace Failed” feature under the device’s Advanced->Commands to re-include the device into the network. I try to do this without first excluding the device because the advantage is that the device ID is preserved so all your scenes/logic that reference the device remain in tact. I haven’t had to do this frequently but it is a hidden gem when you need it and it has worked perfectly for me.

I might try that next time one of my devices just stops working. Since the support guys seem to not know about it (or they just don’t think my latest cessation of function won’t be fixed by this…)

Cheers

C