Can't log in to website on iPhone

Hello all. I am a new Vera Plus user and this is my first post. I’ve been busy setting up my Vera Plus system. As of last evening I can no longer log in at home.getvera.com via my iPhone.
What is going on? Anyone else with the same issue?

Gliderman, welcome to the Vera community. If your problem persistes please contact Customer Care. support@getvera.com and they will help get you sorted.

[quote=“Gliderman8, post:1, topic:192764”]Hello all. I am a new Vera Plus user and this is my first post. I’ve been busy setting up my Vera Plus system. As of last evening I can no longer log in at home.getvera.com via my iPhone.
What is going on? Anyone else with the same issue?[/quote]

Do you mean you can’t get the website to even load (are you getting an error)? Or do you means user and password login isn’t going? A screen shot of your web page error would be helpful if its the page that can’t load. Most cases it’s user error with a webpage not loading. And alot of times is because of a “www” getting thrown in front of the “home.getvera.com” which will lead to a "Error: Internal Server Error "

Hi Gliderman8,

I really hope they help you a lot quicker then me (and others). I reported a problem to support@getvera.com almost 2 weeks ago. I immediately got a reply with a ticket number and the message that they normally will react within one business day. I’m still waiting on reaction. It seems like Vera is out of business !???

[quote=“Mai Pensato, post:4, topic:192764”]Hi Gliderman8,

I really hope they help you a lot quicker then me (and others). I reported a problem to support@getvera.com almost 2 weeks ago. I immediately got a reply with a ticket number and the message that they normally will react within one business day. I’m still waiting on reaction. It seems like Vera is out of business !???[/quote]

I don’t think this will be a vera issue and the forums are quick for help if it’s something that’s not internally done from VERA only. I’m waiting to hear back from him myself, but if he can login on a PC or other devices but not on his iPhone it will probley be an easy fix.

Now if he has an an issue with his actual user or password then we probley can’t help him much. But none of that has been made very clear yet.

To be more specific, I can get to home.getvera.com but the website will not log me in.
Yes, I am using the correct user name and correct password. It seems to have just stopped working.
Thanks for everyone’s help.

[quote=“Gliderman8, post:6, topic:192764”]To be more specific, I can get to home.getvera.com but the website will not log me in.
Yes, I am using the correct user name and correct password. It seems to have just stopped working.
Thanks for everyone’s help.[/quote]

Does it work from other devices? Does the app work?

Dude,

You have got to offer up more information so that the great folks here can help. Are you getting to the login screen and entering your info. Does it give you a login error…? What does that error say…?