Cannot Connect directly to VeraPlus

[ul]Hi,

I have a VeraPlus up and running (only a few devices). One of the reasons I choose Vera was the Web UI and the belief that I didn’t necessarily have to go trough Vera’s web portal. However I’ve not been able to connect my VeraPlus in any other way. I’m trying from within my local network and I know the Web address of the VeraPlus as I can see it in my router. I’ve setup a static IP for the Vera.

The suggest link: http://192.168.x.xxx/cgi-bin/cmh/log.sh?Device=LuaUPnP  would not connect. 

I tried to SSH using instructions from the micasaverde wiki titled "Luup Somfy Walkthrough"  with no success

I tried to ping from a win 7 DOS window = no success (request timed out)

I tried Putty on both Port 22 and 23 = no success.

I have not "secured" Vera  (an option I saw in the Vera UI).

Any Idea what I’m missing? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

JohnRob[/ul]

@JohnRob,

I would suggest you create a DHCP reservation and not use a static ip on your Vera. Create the reservation in your router then return your Vera use DHCP from your router by setting How does Vera connect to the internet? to Automatically configure.

As below, then Settings > Net & Wifi > Reset to default network settings.

Thanks Brientim and rstrouse,

I misspoke (mis-typed?) when I said static IP. It really is a reservation. And my Vera network configuration is “automatically configure”. These settings have been this way from the start, I’ve never changed them.

What is curious is my router shows two DHCP allocations for wired connection (from the Vera). One at the MAC address on the bottom of the VeraPlus, the other is one count above that MAC address. I assumed the 2nd IP was to access the Vera WiFi access point.

BTW I tried to access VeraPlus using each of the above mentioned IP addresses with no luck.

Thanks
JohnRob

have you made sure the secure vera setting is unchecked? in UI5 its under settings, not sure about UI7

[quote=“JohnRob, post:4, topic:191152”]Thanks Brientim and rstrouse,

I misspoke (mis-typed?) when I said static IP. It really is a reservation. And my Vera network configuration is “automatically configure”. These settings have been this way from the start, I’ve never changed them.

What is curious is my router shows two DHCP allocations for wired connection (from the Vera). One at the MAC address on the bottom of the VeraPlus, the other is one count above that MAC address. I assumed the 2nd IP was to access the Vera WiFi access point.

BTW I tried to access VeraPlus using each of the above mentioned IP addresses with no luck.

Thanks
JohnRob[/quote]
Yes, there will be multiple MAC addresses as stated above. Try doing a scan of your network, using an app like fing or any other method at your disposal. There was an issues with Vera depending on it was configured, the assigned MAC would switch. Hence, reset to default and then scan.

I had this same issue with my edge a few months ago, and it turned out to be bitdefender’s Firewall… I had to set Vera as a trusted host, even though my LAN subnet is already defined as trusted… I’ve had no issues since.