Can not use Luminance < for a AEON 3in1 Sensor

I am trying to arm a movement sensor only when the luminance in the room are below a threshold. Movement and luminance is from the same sensor (AEON Multisensor). I can define such a trigger in Vera3’s scene definition system where I can choose the sensor as trigering device and the trigger condition to be luminance and use luminance reached and the < or > a value. These last fields does not emerge in the PLEG so it is not possible to give a value to the luminace. The <> operator similary does not show. Any suggestions anyone?

You could run a scene (every 15 or 30mins, perhaps) to poll the device and store the value in Variable Container plugin.

Then, trigger an event (with PLEG) when the value in the Variable Container drops to the LUX level you wish.

I have seen the same thing with the LightSensor device on an Aeon 4-in-1 MultiSensor. I think there must be something off in the json file. You can get around the problem by using a PLEG Device Property:

Device Proerties
LightLevel LightSensor CurrentLevel

Conditions
ItsDim LightLevel < 20

[quote=“RexBeckett, post:3, topic:178969”]I have seen the same thing with the LightSensor device on an Aeon 4-in-1 MultiSensor. I think there must be something off in the json file. You can get around the problem by using a PLEG Device Property:

Device Proerties
LightLevel LightSensor CurrentLevel

Conditions
ItsDim LightLevel < 20[/quote]

Thank you, it is the sensor you mention I am working with. You made my task possible! I did not understand that inputs could be device values, device status, schedules etc… I have made my first semi complex logical expression and i understand that PLEG is a very powerful tool.

Is there a collection of examples somewhere?

Did you see PLEG Basics? Apart from this, there are many examples of PLEG applications on the Program Logic Plugins board.

[quote=“RexBeckett, post:5, topic:178969”]

Did you see PLEG Basics? Apart from this, there are many examples of PLEG applications on the Program Logic Plugins board.[/quote]

Thanks Rex I should do better research before posting. That looks like a solid piece of documentation :smiley: