Can no longer login to my Vera outside of my home network?

First I want to say I’m a noob compared to the rest of you on these boards as I only use my system to control my heat/air and a few water sensors and door locks so forgive me if there is an easy fix to this that I don’t know about.

I used to be able to login to my system using Login from any computer/phone with no problems; for the last few months this no longer works. I login with my username/password, on the next screen click “connect” on my vera and it says “you’re being connected to your system” and then where I’d normally see all my settings I just see a couple light gray boxes. I know I’m logged in because it says my username at the top of the screen plus it has my vera (serial?) number at the top right but that’s it… nothing else. I’ve tried different phones, browsers (firefox, chrome, IE) and I can never get into the controls. The login DOES work perfectly fine when I’m on my home network but that doesn’t really do my much good when I want to access the system remotely.

I lived with this the last few months because I used the iPhone app to control everything but after six years with Apple I finally switched to Android and haven’t set up a new app yet.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Did you do any firmware updates in the last few months?

• Garrett

I haven’t done a firmware update since I purchased it about a year ago. Could my lack of updates be causing the problem?

What version of the firmware are you running. I’m just trying to eliminate some theories.

• Garrett

I appreciate your help! I’ll have to check the firmware tonight when I get home from work. I just attempted to login again to see if I could at least see the firmware version, though unfortunately all I can see is the Name - Serial - Type - Mac.

I checked my version last night and it appears to be 1.6.641

I am having an issue as well as another user with UI7, not accessible through the app or web, only accessible from inside the network.

Here is a link with details at what logs we have looked at and were we think the issue is http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,27013.0.html

It has not worked for about 2 weeks.

I am having this same issue, where using firmware 1.6.641, Vera3, UI7, I can no longer connect remotely. When someone visited the house (it’s a vacation house, 200 miles away), I got notified immediately upon their entry of a code in my Kwikset lock, so I know the Vera is on the local network and scenes are working. My friend tested a logon when in the house and it was fine, via the LAN.

When I log on remotely, my experience is exactly like Brian, the original poster of this thread, i.e.:
" I login with my username/password, on the next screen click “connect” on my vera and it says “you’re being connected to your system” and then where I’d normally see all my settings I just see a couple light gray boxes. I know I’m logged in because it says my username at the top of the screen plus it has my vera (serial?) number at the top right but that’s it… nothing else."

My friend rebooted Vera and it worked for me remotely for half a day, then I lost Vera3 remotely again, and have the same situation where I cannot fully connect. My friend tried again to log on from the LAN, no problem.

Any advice would be helpful.

I’m happy to hear that I’m not the only one experiencing this issue. Did anyone ever find a fix?

I have tried all he normal stuff. Still get the gray boxes. This is a real bummer.

Looks like an issue with some of the gateways again. I’m on UI5. AutHomation has been sporadically working. AutoVera is not working and my videos from VeraAlerts are not working. It’s been up and down the last few days.

@Brianmyers2

Could you please send an email to support@getvera.com so we can help you?