Can infrared commands be embedded in a scene?

If I want to set up a scene called “Watch a movie”, is there a way to add infrared commands to the scene which includes lights off, projector on, window shades closed etc?

I would want the infrared commands to turn on a receiver and blu-ray player, etc.

Thanks!

I haven’t worked with Vera’s IR functionality, I guess I’m wondering why you think it might not work. As long as you have a IR source within range for your receiver and blu-ray player that is controlled by Vera, it should not be a problem.

I’ve thought about setting up IR control from my Vera, so I’m interested to know why you think it wouldn’t be possible to do what you want to do. Maybe there is an obstacle I haven’t thought of.

I am interested in adding some IR controls… what device do I need to interface Vera with IR?

[quote=“Blade, post:3, topic:165552”]I am interested in adding some IR controls… what device do I need to interface Vera with IR?[/quote]Either a USB UIRT or a global cache GC-100

[quote=“mikeholczer, post:2, topic:165552”]I haven’t worked with Vera’s IR functionality, I guess I’m wondering why you think it might not work. As long as you have a IR source within range for your receiver and blu-ray player that is controlled by Vera, it should not be a problem.

I’ve thought about setting up IR control from my Vera, so I’m interested to know why you think it wouldn’t be possible to do what you want to do. Maybe there is an obstacle I haven’t thought of.[/quote]I cant’ seem to see the USB UIRT as a device to command in the scene.

I must be setting up the USB UIRT incorrectly.

You have to connect the USBUIRT to the free USB port. After that you should be able to set up an infrared device.
How to add a IR command to a sceene escapes me too. You can assign a remote to a sceene. On that remote you can assign sceenes to single buttons.
I don’t seen any way to send an IR code directly from a sceene.
Hope this helps

Umtauscher

I agree that it can be used as a remote, but not in a series of commands for a scene.

Anyone have any suggestions?

You should be able to make a Luup scene to send the commands. I haven’t integrated IR into my system, so I don’t know what the syntax would be, but my understanding is that there are Lua commands for sending IR commands.

Going to revive this old thread - Does anyone have sample code of Lua to fire infrared with a USB-UIRT? I already do it remotely using cURL:

curl 'http://192.168.0.2:49451/data_request?id=lu_action&DeviceNum=25&serviceId=urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:TogglePower1&action=OnOff

If you have an IR Device associated with an IR Transmitter (like the USB UIRT or a SQBlaster, GC100, etc) then you can include the ACTIONs defined in the IR Device into a scene using the Advanced Scene tab (when defining a scene).

It’ll just call the IR action on the device when it gets to that part of the scene.