Can I transfer a Vera secure to an ezlo?

I have a Vera secure with 30 devices. Is there a way to transfer from a Vera to an ezlo?

There is currently no migration path.

You will have to pair again your devices to the new Ezlo Secure.

So I would need to deleted each device from the Vera and pair it to the Ezlo. Do I need to take down each devices and bring it within 3ft of the Ezlo to pair it with that?

If this is the case(within 3ft ), i don’t know if Ezlo Secure is also USB powered as Ezlo Plus.
You can power hub from laptop or USB power bank and take hub near device.

There is currently no migration path.
You will have to pair again your devices to the new Ezlo Secure.

I’ve been a Vera Edge user for a fairly long time. My setup has been fairly ok. I’ve never had issues with firmware upgrades but had my share of pain of unstable network though but got it much more stable after giving it a log of fine tuning love (which was painful and cumbersome). I’m been fairly happy and never really complained.

I almost threw out my Vera in favor of another hub just around the point when Ezlo acquired Vera but I did choose to stick around to see how the development on Ezlo turned out. I have about 120 devices. Most which are in wall devices which will cost me a visit from an electrician to exclude and include due to the fact that here in Norway its illegal for a non electrician to tamper with in wall devices (I loose my insurance if I do). Its not just a matter of the time of excluding and including 120 devices, but also the cost of having an electrician on site to un-mount and mount in wall devices while doing this. So one of my main wishes from a new hub is to be able to move without having to exclude and include devices.

To be honest; I’m deeply disappointed you have decided to not support moving the network from a Vera to an Ezlo.

If I have to rebuilt my network I have to be honest that other controllers seems a lot more lucrative.

1 Like

Fully agree with Trygve, it is very disappointing not to be able to move all devices from VeraPlus to Ezlo.
I am not referring to scene or plug-in but only to be able to shift the primary role to Ezlo.

1 Like

Currently the team is working on :
Backup Functionality that will enable you to replace an Ezlo with Same Ezlo hub as well as Plugin framework so that plugins can be written and shared in plugin store.

We will then investigate how to move the devices from Vera to Ezlo : Can’t guarantee if it is viable or not.
Scenes/rules etc are all transferrable (our initial analysis), but transferring the devices requires a more analysis.

We are also working on running an old Vera hub and new Ezlo hub together as one account.

3 Likes

So we can carefully assess that VeraSecure will be the last model to be issued by you in the foreseeable time if not indefinitely.
Actually this does not come as a surprise.

1 Like

One of the product reviews said that in pairing devices with Ezlo Secure, you must know the exact make and model of the Z-wave device. Does that mean there is no generic Z-wave device inclusion as there is with Vera?

No, there is a generic inclusion capability with Ezlo. I use it all the time :slight_smile:

Checking if there was any progress with the VeraPlus to Ezlo migration?

Hello @nirgal,
The team has made great progress on the migration process but it is not ready to be released to the public yet. We highly appreciate your interest and your patience. We hope we can have it done in the next few months.
Kind regards!

@Oscar.Morales , has there been any additional progress made in this area? I too have a vera controller with many devices for which I would prefer to migrate to ezlo vs. having to start from scratch.

Thanks,
David

1 Like

Hi @hazedav,
There are some things to improve yet, but you can check Connect Ezlo Secure to Another Z-Wave controller (or to a Vera Controller) to add the network on your Vera to the Ezlo controller. The team is still working on it.
Kind regards!

Is there any update on the migration process?

Hi @nirgal

That process is still under development, I would highly recommend you to transfer your devices from scratch if you don’t have too many of them.

We apologize for the inconvenience, we’ll update you as soon as we have more information.

Unfortunately this is something quite complicated as I have around 30 devices and around 25 of them are switches and window shutters, which mean I would need to remove the physical switches in order to press the exclude/include button .

Are we talking weeks/months ?

Any updates? This has been going on for many many months…

Hello,

This migration process is still under development since the new Ezlo platform uses the latest software and cloud tools, and since the structures of the two platforms are completely different. However, the Z-Wave Smart Start feature will make re-pairing certain devices much easier than before.

We’ll update you as soon as we have progressed in this matter. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Not entirely true. The core Z-wave protocol allows migration of controller on a network. What seems to be the issue your team is facing? “Controller Shift”