Can I suspend a scene?

I was wondering if the old method of putting a scene into indefinite suspension as in UI5 is available in UI7.

I have fairly elaborate scenes for heating and cooling my home, and I used to be able to uncheck the appropriate scenes according to the time of year, and suspend them.

My heating scenes would “hibernate” in summer, and cooling scenes could be “re-awaken”.

Now, unless I am missing something, I can’t do this, but must instead remove them?

I seem to be having the same problem and it is destroying my system.

Create a virtual switch. In your heating scene, check the state of that virtual switch, and abort if the virtual switch is set.

(The cooling scene could abort if the switch is not set.)

Now all you have to do is set or reset the virtual switch at the change of seasons.

There are lua plugins to create virtual switches on Vera.

Thank you.

I set up two switches, one for heating and one for cooling.

Is there a way to make one go OFF when the other is ON?

There are times when both can be OFF, but obviously not both ON.

If you use the multi switch plugin there are ways to make a radio button mode. You could use three switches … Heat, Cool, Off
You will only be able to make one off the three active.

The only downside with this is that not all off the mobile apps know how to interact with this device.

If you want to use 3 separate virtual switches, you could write LUA code to turn off the other two switches when one of the switches is turned on.

You can also do this I PLEG.

You might also consider converting all of your HVAC scenes Into a single PLEG instance. You will be able to see and control your logic in one place instead of being spread out in a bunch of scenes.

If I use the multi switch, is there a way to make a logical AND from: Heat switch on AND same time to start heating each day?

That is, If my heat switch is on, then from 6 AM to 8 AM the temperature is set to 70F

[quote=“Caffreyboy, post:6, topic:183509”]If I use the multi switch, is there a way to make a logical AND from: Heat switch on AND same time to start heating each day?

That is, If my heat switch is on, then from 6 AM to 8 AM the temperature is set to 70F[/quote]

The best way would be to use PLEG. You could also do it with scenes by using Conditional Scene Execution.

Thank you, I found the conditional scene execution information very useful.

It worked very well.

Ever Verizon’s crappy interface could do this.

I want to create a Holiday Scene to turn on and off Holiday lights. But I want to suspend the scene unti it is needed again so I don’t have to delete it and re-create.

I did however edit the scene and change it to manual trigger instead of daily.
So when I need them again I can just switch it over.

If there is an easier way to do this I am interested.

If there is an easier way to do this I am interested.

As previously suggested, you could add a condition to the scene using Lua/luup. This could be a virtual switch or, for automation, the dates & times when you want it to run.