Can I add my panasonic BL-C140A cameras in UI3

I can view stills from my camera by using the URL below.

http://username:password@123.456.789.1/nphMotionJpeg?Resolution=640x480&Quality=Standard

I would like to add this camera under UI3 but have not been able to determine how to do so. I think it has to do with the username password but am not sure.

I am having the same issue. I have asked about this issue multiple times on this forum, but either no one knows how to do it, or it cannot currently be done.

VERY frustrating!

I kind of wish that I had stuck with my original Vera firmware. My cameras worked, I had iPhone access … The good old days I guess :wink:

Hi all,

You have to click the Mios Marketplace and select the Panasonic IP Camera Plugin. If it’s not installed, click + to add it. After the plugin is installed, just click on it and a button caller “Create another” will appear. Click on that and another instance of that plugin will be installed, then you can set it up.

Method #2: Go to Mios Developer (plugin) in the right toolbar and select Create device. In the fields listed there, you must enter only: D_DigitalSecurityCamera1.xml for the UpnpDevFilename and click Create device button and the Save. After that, you have to configure it with username, password, IP and Path.

I installed the plugin (found it on page 2). Where do I put my uid/pwd? It looks just like the generic ip plugin.

Changed my ip address to user:pass@cameraip and that seems to work.

Yes. That worked for me as well.

Now here is the question: How in the world is a person supposed to figure out to do that?

First of all, it is not intuitive. Secondly, it is the opposite of what Vera was supposed to be: Easy to use.

This user experience is simply NOT going to work. MIOS, Vera, or whoever needs to stop designing the interface for the fringe audience (geeks and techs), and go back to their roots. A simple to use interface that I can actually teach my wife to use!

just my two cents worth…

I was a little confused by the mutiple pages in the marketplace. Maybe make the font bigger? The text fields could help guide the user a little better and for sure hide the stuff that I don’t need to see.

I think Vera is on the right track with modular plugins and the “floorplan” interface. Just need to smooth things out a bit.

[quote=“TheGadgetGuy, post:7, topic:165646”]Yes. That worked for me as well.

Now here is the question: How in the world is a person supposed to figure out to do that?

First of all, it is not intuitive. Secondly, it is the opposite of what Vera was supposed to be: Easy to use.

This user experience is simply NOT going to work. MIOS, Vera, or whoever needs to stop designing the interface for the fringe audience (geeks and techs), and go back to their roots. A simple to use interface that I can actually teach my wife to use!

just my two cents worth…[/quote]
Why is using a plug-in called “Panasonic IP Camera Plugin” to configure a Panasonic IP Camera a poor user experience?

[quote=“mikeholczer, post:9, topic:165646”][quote=“TheGadgetGuy, post:7, topic:165646”]Yes. That worked for me as well.

just my two cents worth…[/quote]
Why is using a plug-in called “Panasonic IP Camera Plugin” to configure a Panasonic IP Camera a poor user experience?[/quote]

finding the panasonic ip camera plugin was a little hard and it seems like there should be password and userid fields or some sort of hint about putting them in As part of the ip address.

Actually, there is more to the issue.

I already had 3 Panasonic cameras working with Vera. They were installed and configured using UI2.

When I ‘upgraded’ to UI3, they still worked, and the plugin for them remained installed.

The issue was, how to add a 4th camera.

If you click the panasonic plugin, there is a box that says ‘add another’. You would assume that clicking that box would add another camera. No. It doesn’t. It literally does nothing.

So, it turns out, this is how you add another camera:

DELETE the plugin. When doing that, you are warned that deleting the plugin will delete any devices that use it. (it didn’t delete anything)
reinstall the plugin. That adds one new camera.
Open the camera’s properties, and try to figure out where the username and password go.
Remember, I have 3 working cameras already. ALL 3 have username and password fields. This new 4th camera does not! That is not something an end user would expect. All 3 devices should have identical setup fields.

So, that is why I feel the user experience is poor. Not exactly user friendly.

I am a highly technical person (senior Project Manager for HP), but even I couldn’t make sense out of it.