Can I add a WO15Z-1 outlet receptacle to a WD500Z-1 / WT00Z-1 setup?

HI, can can I associate an WO15Z-1 outlet receptacle to a WD500Z-1 / WT00Z-1 3 way setup? I want it to be controlled by the current 3-way setup.
Thank you,

You can add it to the WT00Z-1 and therefore use the WT00Z-1 to control the receptacle and the WD500Z-1.

However, the WD500Z-1 does not support associations and cannot control another device, such as your receptacle. So, your control of the receptacle will be somewhat asymmetric.

Thank you, I’m new to this culture and thought I could literally “hang” devices to be controlled i.g. SW1 controls SW2 and SW3, SW3 in turn could control SW 4 and SW5 and build a tree underneath. SW1 would be the master, etc . Don’t know why I thought it could be possible, probably was thinking putting together legos.

So, I have it clear that WD500Z, WO15Z and WS15Z can’t control anything correct? WT00Z can control any combination of those up to 5, right?

Thanks,

While I’m not sure how well a cascading tree of devices would work, it is possible for some switches - mostly Leviton & Cooper - to control other switches. The switches have to support associations in order to do it and unfortunately, most of the cheaper switches do not support associations.

The Nortek/Linear/GoControl switches claim to support associations in their manuals, but this is an artifact in the documentation. They no longer support associations. ???

There is another option. That is to create your cascading tree of switching in programming logic. Using Scenes/Lua code/Program Logic Event Generator(PLEG) plugin this is very possible. You can have a scene that tuns on specific lights and the scene is triggered by the turning on of a different switch or receptacle. Vera sees the device come on and the scene turns on all the other stuff.

And, with that good news, there is also bad news. In most cases - Leviton & Cooper being the exceptions again - , the devices do not support a feature called Instant Status that will notify Vera the instant the device is turned on. Without Instant Status it can take a variable amount of time, up to a minute or two, for Vera to determine that the device has been turned on. This causes the previously described logic to take some time before it fires. Some time the delay isn’t a problem, but if you need immediate results then the delay makes it unworkable.