can anyone get on remotely right now?

we have a major access problem going on and I am wondering if it affects units randomly or if we all cant get on at the same time?

I haven’t been able to remote in all day today. If I were home, I could cycle the power to see if that would work as others have reported. I guess it’s time to repurpose the old V1 as a cycle controller for V2.

No Problems with CP.MIOS.COM from my side…

I logged in to my home Mac from here at work, and from home, my unit is running normally. It’s just remote access through MCV that appears to be down.

Mine is down again after the cat-sitter power cycled it yesterday. I had just gotten connected long enough to turn some lights off and crank the heat down.
I am able to access 2 other Vera’s in other locations and they haven’t hiccuped at all.

wseverino: are you logging on from a remote location? this problem is specific to that, if i logon at home through cp.mios all appears normal but from a remote site it will not log on
if wseverino is on remotely then it is not just a problem on the MCV side, this is, to me, the worst problem yet as it is affecting units randomly and across firmwares, if it indeed requires a power cycle to clear then how the hell often will that need to be done now , I am more often an optimist here but without reliable remote access the unit is useless to me.
can anyone confirm that they are getting on from a remote location today?

[quote=“N5NHL, post:5, topic:167209”]Mine is down again after the cat-sitter power cycled it yesterday. I had just gotten connected long enough to turn some lights off and crank the heat down.
I am able to access 2 other Vera’s in other locations and they haven’t hiccuped at all.[/quote]
And those you can access are at remote locations? This bug is a huge problem anyone at MCV listening?

I was able to connect from work.

https://ra2.findvera.com/login.php

Thanks for the replies, so I have had both of my units affected at different times and power cycles seemed to correct them although one may have started at a power cycle, now within a couple days both are affected at the same time, one Vera1 and one Vera2 with different firmware, and once it happens youre screwed until you can power cycle, what new demons are unleashed upon us? :o

I was having a lot of problems and even drive to my Lake House to check on it manually since Vera was unresponsive. Seems OK now. I was getting to cp.mios.com and it would connect and then would be unable to load data.

Did MCV change their servers or something?

I can access my vera2 using home buddy and via cp.mios.com via my phone at work.

On a side note, I have seen mention of a power strip with at least one plug that you can cycle the power to via a usb cable plugged into your computer. If you have an always on server near to your vera then that would give you the possibility to cycle the power remotely. It ain’t much but its something. :wink:

I have my old V1 controlling power to my V2… all well and good until today when both seem to be down because of “server problems”

Good job I can remote into home from my PC and get the dashboard up locally.

[quote=“strangely, post:12, topic:167209”]I have my old V1 controlling power to my V2… all well and good until today when both seem to be down because of “server problems”

Good job I can remote into home from my PC and get the dashboard up locally.[/quote]
I was planning that setup too but it doesn’t help when both are afflicted, I wonder why some units are connecting? Has anyone seen this condition resolve by itself or does it always require a power cycle?

It might be that either fwd1 or fwd2 is down. Not sure how the backup system works but it might be that that if one of the servers falls over that your box still stays assigned to it? Perhaps a reboot restores the box to the working server?

Interesting thought, I would certainly prefer the problem be on the server side, both of my down units have https://fwd2.mios.com/… in their redirect address (the one that shows after it doesnt find a local vera), other times i have seen fwd1.mios.com…, can those who are getting through (with UI4) tell us if they are on fwd 1 or 2?

Not sure my theory is correct then as mine is trying to take me to fwd1 and failing also.

I must be dam lucky I have not had any problems with my Vera 1, Vera 2 still in box. I even have Vera 1 on a UPS, the only time it has been down since last January is when I put it on the UPS. I have not had to power cycle it and it has not skiped any scenes. My scenes are very simple turning lights and outlets on and off, monitoring and changing Schlage door lock codes. Have one switch that when turned on Vera turns an outlet for on 15 minutes. I just tried Vera via internet no problems.

I can only access my Vera2 locally. As soon as i try from work i experience the same problem as everyone else. Same goes for when i try to use iVera!!!

Only way i’ve been able to get round the issue is to use[url=http://www.logmein.com/] http://www.logmein.com/[/url] to access my mac mini from work, then open a browser and access vera using cp.mios.com

m0jon

I actually want to thank everyone for having problems. Your misary seems to have resolved mine :o Once everyone else start to post about everyone not being able to get in remotely, mine mysteriously started working again. Well ok, not such a mystery I putzed with it for a while.

Here’s what I did. I shut off wi-fi on my iPhone and restarted Vera over and over until iVera let me in, I think it took 4 or 5 restarts but it’s been stable for a couple days now.

[quote=“mbairhead, post:19, topic:167209”]I actually want to thank everyone for having problems. Your misary seems to have resolved mine :o Once everyone else start to post about everyone not being able to get in remotely, mine mysteriously started working again. Well ok, not such a mystery I putzed with it for a while.

Here’s what I did. I shut off wi-fi on my iPhone and restarted Vera over and over until iVera let me in, I think it took 4 or 5 restarts but it’s been stable for a couple days now.[/quote]
I was able to get mine working after the first occurance but only lasted a day or two then happened again ???