Camera Archive Questions

Hello all, first off I tried searching and can’t seem to find this information so I apologies if this has already been discussed. I have a few questions / issues with the archive and wondered if you all could help.

1. Storage, where are these pictures being stored?
  2. I have 2x foscam cameras in UI5 p/t working and it’s taking a .jpg once a minute
    a) can this be set for any less the once a minute? Tried .5 and it saved the setting but didn’t seem to take the pictures till I put back to 1 minte
    b) Currently it’s been running for 3x days and every day it stops taking pictures at 17:10pm and resumes at 00:01am totaling 84 pages of archive, is this the max?

Thanks in advance for any help / info you can provide!

-Steve

Anyone got any ideas?

I work with a few guys that put me onto the veralite, and one of them suggested using dropbox.com and then there is a plugin? Can anyone point me to a thread I could check out? Thanks in advance!

Resolved my archive issue by using the dropbox app. (Webcam Dropbox Uploader)

My co-worker gave me a link to sign up with that gave us both an extra 500mb of space over the 2gig you get standard for signing up - https://db.tt/w1nExxiH

Pretty straight forward, you link the app to your dropbox account and it creates a folder on your local PC that syncs with the dropbox.com site. It defaults to one photo every 10 minutes and keeps for 14 days. I changed to 1 min and keeping for 3 like my previous archive settings. Both cameras automatically started saving photos immediately, so easy to setup. It saves the files by camera name, then date/time stamp and I can browse them on my phone with the dropbox mobil app.

My buddy has his setup to detect motion and fire off multiple photos requests per second via some code. Need to get that from him and experiment. I turned my cameras MD on and it’s working on the camera but sensor isn’t showing in the UI. Probably have to re-install the cameras and just not sure if I want to do that after how much of a PITA it was to install them :slight_smile:

[quote=“Hellsiege, post:3, topic:178566”]Resolved my archive issue by using the dropbox app. (Webcam Dropbox Uploader)

My co-worker gave me a link to sign up with that gave us both an extra 500mb of space over the 2gig you get standard for signing up - Dropbox.com

Pretty straight forward, you link the app to your dropbox account and it creates a folder on your local PC that syncs with the dropbox.com site. It defaults to one photo every 10 minutes and keeps for 14 days. I changed to 1 min and keeping for 3 like my previous archive settings. Both cameras automatically started saving photos immediately, so easy to setup. It saves the files by camera name, then date/time stamp and I can browse them on my phone with the dropbox mobil app.

My buddy has his setup to detect motion and fire off multiple photos requests per second via some code. Need to get that from him and experiment. I turned my cameras MD on and it’s working on the camera but sensor isn’t showing in the UI. Probably have to re-install the cameras and just not sure if I want to do that after how much of a PITA it was to install them :)[/quote]

To get the sensor to show up, make sure you have the un and paw in settings and the MAC address and ip:port. Save and reboot screen. Then you will see a variable called state under advanced. Set it to one and reboot. In a bit it will create the motion sensor device.

Could you please share your friends code? Out of the box the dropbox will fire off one photo but it would be awesome to have multiple photos as I find the tripped motion is delayed a bit.

I will get with him early next week and get it or find the link to it, thought he said he found it on the forums.

Everything works great on cameras now, minus the sensors. Turned motion detection on in the camera settings and it now shows “alarm” on osd so I know it’s working. Soon as I change the “state” for the camera from -1 to 1, the camera fails to load and says it’s missing a IP Gateway. Put it back to -1 and it loads fine, can control, pan, tilt, archive photos, and drop box is working as it should.
edit
Changing this to 0 instead of 1 seems to work. Now the sensor popped up. Weird…

[quote=“Hellsiege”]I will get with him early next week and get it or find the link to it, thought he said he found it on the forums.

Everything works great on cameras now, minus the sensors. Turned motion detection on in the camera settings and it now shows “alarm” on osd so I know it’s working. Soon as I change the “state” for the camera from -1 to 1, the camera fails to load and says it’s missing a IP Gateway. Put it back to -1 and it loads fine, can control, pan, tilt, archive photos, and drop box is working as it should.
edit
Changing this to 0 instead of 1 seems to work. Now the sensor popped up. Weird…[/quote]

IP Gateway is the IP of your Vera

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Bboy - http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,16518.105.html

That is the thread, but it looks like your already there. I’m going to start playing with it tonight and see if I can get it working. Good luck!

Yea I am on that thread but still haven’t discovered what is preventing the sensors from tripping the camera.

This is my scene:
Cam 47
Devices:
Immediate
WeMo motion sensor: arm
Cam 47 motion sensor: arm

Triggers:

Trigger:GarageMotionTrippedLast run: 01/06/2014 16:27:58Enabled:
Trigger:LoftCamTrippedLast run:Enabled:

Trigger:AstakMoleTriggerLast run:Enabled:

Trigger:WeMoMotionTrippedLast run: 01/05/2014 11:19:10Enabled:

Luup:

for loopNumber= 1, 4, 1 do

lul_settings={}

lul_settings[“webcamNumber”]=47

luup_call_action(“urn:milliesoft-WebcamDropboxUploader1”,“SendSnapshot”, lul_settings,40)

end

Advanced:

Scene is 'active’when all devices in the scene are properly set
Pick a device:- Please select -
Delay: Immediate
AstakMole Motion SensorSetArmed
newArmedValue1

WeMo Motion Front Door (221241L01008A6)SetArmed
newArmedValue1

Garage_Motion SensorSetArmed
newArmedValue1

AstakMole Motion SensorSetArmed
newArmedValue1

Loft Cam (Foscam) Motion SensorSetArmed
newArmedValue 1

I wonder if I need to add the luup code into luup events with the trigger?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe I am missing something. But there is no mention of you acting on the motion sensor being tripped when armed.

• Garrett

I have several sensors

1. WeMo motion sensor (I walk past it to trigger)

2. Door sensor (I open the door to trigger)

3. The motion sensor for the cameras that was created when I set state to 1

Your not getting what I am trying to say. Your scene is not using a trigger that is acting on when a motion sensor is tripped.

• Garrett

[quote=“garrettwp”]Your not getting what I am trying to say. Your scene is not using a trigger that is acting on when a motion sensor is tripped.

• Garrett[/quote]

I thought the triggers were under the triggers I have speced out a few post up. I just didn’t put the full trigger:

Device:#48 AstakMole Motion Sensor
What type of event is the trigger?:An armed sensor is tripped
Name for this trigger:
Device armed is tripped
Optional: Which of the following users should be notified when the event occurs?:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

So I can confirm that the camera is taking photos on its SD Card and internal motion sensor but the other motion sensor is not tripping the camera to take the photo and then send to Dropbox via webcam Dropbox uploader.

I must have something set wrong…