CA3750

Hi guys

I’m trying to figure out a way to use a CA3750 contactor module for powering an Air Conditioner (Indoor Unit) and be able to control ON/OFF …(see image)

is it possible to do this or justo OFF the unit?
??? ???
thanks

Does the unit have IR control?

There are some threads in the SQ remote section about using IR, via the SQ blaster and a plugin I think.

[quote=“strangely, post:2, topic:169474”]Does the unit have IR control?

There are some threads in the SQ remote section about using IR, via the SQ blaster and a plugin I think.[/quote]

Yes you’re right, and I think is the easiest way for doing this if you have a handy IOS device but what about droid users ??? this was going to be a solution for a friend of mine (she hates IOS “toys”) …

But …in the other hand, the problem of using this contactor is that connecting and disconnecting a load from the source without its usual controller (ON/OFF COMMANDS) in some cases can damage the Air Conditioner …(opening and closing the circuit when the unit still “ON” i.e)

So I’m going to tell her to wait for the SQ remote android’s version
Thanks… ;D

I have installed a bunch of these (ca3750’s) to controll 277v lighting in a bunch of configurations. First If I am correct in assuming by your diagram you have 1 wire 220v, then wiring is simple. You can actualy power the ca3750 from any voltage from 110v to 277v by moving the jumper on the back, this will not affect what you are trying to controll. If as your diagram implies going to power both from the same 220v, then.

Take the hot lead from your power source into terminal 2
Terminal 1 is the neutral
Loop a wire jumper of the same gauge from terminal 2 to terminal 3
From terminal 4 run a hot lead to the hot on your ac unit
The neutral from your ac to the neutral at your power source

EDIT should have read all of your last post, Guess this will not help then.
If you however feel like cracking open your ac controller, you may be able to wire terminal 3 and 4 in parallel with (maybe a on off switch, relay ot tstat).

Oh and the description I gave will only work if you are powering both from the same source. If you were to say use 110v for controll then you would not jumper terminal 2 to 3, you would bring your seperate 220v hot into terminal 3 and out to the ac unit on terminal 4.

Also this will show up in vera as 3 seperate devices 1 parent (_appliance module) and 2 child devices, this will be the case either way the mode selector switch on the side is set.

[quote=“deimos_anomaly, post:4, topic:169474”]EDIT should have read all of your last post, Guess this will not help then.
If you however feel like cracking open your ac controller, you may be able to wire terminal 3 and 4 in parallel with (maybe a on off switch, relay ot tstat).[/quote]

Gotta tell you that today I made a test with a LFM-20 and plugged to a 110V (relay side) and wired a 18kbtu samsung unit to 220V …and before including it to my zwave network noticed that once I turn the Air Conditioner OFF (pushing the program botton)everything went OK…but when I tried to turn the unit ON then nothing happens…so, it seems to be a matter from the guys from samsung (my case)…anyway, I just avoid doing all the “wires issues” testing with the LFM-20 than the CA3750 just to figure it out that with some Air Conditioner units you just can not do ON/OFF commands as you do with a IR remote… :-\

thank’s anyway ;D