Bluetooth Internet tether not working with authomation

Hello. I am using an android 4.2 based device with bluetooth tethering for my interent access. I receive an error that says there is no Internet connection. All other apps work fine. Thank you

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk now Free

My app checks for different network types, mobile, wireless, wired. Bluetooth is not one of them. This is something that I never considered as I do not use this function. I’ll look into it.

• Garrett

I added support for bluetooth connection in the alpha build of AutHomationHD. If I get some time I’ll try and port it over to the stable release. For now, it will be in the alpha build. A new version will be released in the coming days. I would like to knock out some bugs and features.

• Garrett

Thank you. I will wait for the next alpha!

I’ll try and get a release out very soon. I have been dealing with a family emergency that has shifted my priorities the last few days.

• Garrett

[quote=“garrettwp, post:4, topic:177799”]I added support for bluetooth connection in the alpha build of AutHomationHD. If I get some time I’ll try and port it over to the stable release. For now, it will be in the alpha build. A new version will be released in the coming days. I would like to knock out some bugs and features.

• Garrett[/quote]

I would be more than happy to test the Bluetooth connection using my Samsung Gear and see if that works.

I looked into this quickly and it looks like it is not possible to allow the app to a direct data connection which my app needs. Only one bluetooth connection is allowed and is currently setup for the samsung app to handle all requests.

• Garrett

[quote=“garrettwp, post:8, topic:177799”]I looked into this quickly and it looks like it is not possible to allow the app to a direct data connection which my app needs. Only one bluetooth connection is allowed and is currently setup for the samsung app to handle all requests.

• Garrett[/quote]

I did also do some research here. You can disable the Samsung Gear App on your phone which will disconnect the watch from the phone which in theory would allow you to Bluetooth tether.

However, looking further into this and working now with the XDA developers for Gear the ROM running on the current Gear watch does NOT allow any IP network stack to be built. You can root the Gear watch and install a custom ROM which patches Android to enable that but I am not going to ruin my warranty at this stage.

I should also point out that the latest rumors are Feb announcement of Samsung Galaxy S5 coming out with an optional bundle with Gear 2 (next gen). The feedback on Gear 2 is very limited and many people are surprised about Gear 2 coming out 6 months after Gear 1 was released but the main reason quoted from many people is “Gear 1 has severe limitations which will get addressed with Gear 2” whatever this means. I would not be surprised if building a network IP stack is one of them but that’s a guess on my side.

We will know probably in Feb or for sure in April what all this fuzz is about.

If you have a first generation Galaxy Gear, here’s something I found that works rather nicely with AuthomationHD. You’ll need to have Tasker installed, then install TasGear:

[url=http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2707248][APP] TasGear | A Tasker Interface [v1.0.13] | XDA Forums

This will allow you to fire off Tasker actions from your Gear. All you have to do is create the actions pertaining to AuthomationHD It’s not the full blown app, but then again the full app is probably not well suited to such a small device anyways. Hope this helps!