Beta feedback Ezlo Plus

@HSD99,
Do you mean broadcasts with AP or WS broadcasts ?

I meant I want to turn off the Ezlo WIFI access points on these hubs I don’t need them and won’t use them.

1 Like

Hi @ranneman,
thanks for your feedback.

Its known issue, we are working on it now.

@bengerbil

The simpliest solution here is a Factory reset:
One long (10 - 20 seconds) press - LED indication: Slow yellow blinking (once per second)

Don’t think I have any more Z-wave scene controllers to test with.

BUT
 I wanted to ask whether the ezlo Plus would interact with the same USB-to-X10 interface that I was using with my Vera Plus 
 the Insteon 2414U?

We have an API for it:
{
“method”: “hub.network.enabled.set”,
“id”: “ID”,
“params”: {
“interfaceId”: “wlan0.1”,
“enabled”: “off”
}
}

Implementing it now.
It will be available in next releases.

2 Likes

Funny enough, I’d already tried that, with no improvement. Rebooted, no improvement. Eventually, I gave up and unplugged it. This morning, i figured I’d try a reset again, but first just plugged it in, and I can reach it again.

That said, I’ll be waiting for the supported way to disable wifi before using it again.

The Ezlo PLus is broadcasting an SSID and an erratic signal:

Until I can turn Wi-Fi off, I won’t be testing the unit.

For now we’re supporting, as you know, mobile-only. I’m not sure when the web UI will come - definitely not on the short-term.

It will be available in the network settings - it’s being worked on as we speak. I’m expecting to get it out in Beta in the upcoming weeks.

Are you referring to the http feature from scenes?

You mean to receive an email/push notification when a new feature is added /fw update/ a new list of devices are supported by the controller?

Hi @loana

yes, is it possible to have a button in the settings please?

yes, or a message on a ribbon at the top, like on Vera when we do an include / exclude. That could also be activated / deactivated with a button.

I hope that the rest will be possible quickly because it is not easy with the Android app and there is a real lack of tools to better visualize what is happening

1 Like

Thanks, I notice this issue with more devices both battery powered and non battery powered. Is there an overview of the issues to check before reporting an issue?

I thought device names had been increased to 30 characters?

Please fix ASAP

Thank you.

FEATURE REQUEST

We now can create virtual devices on the Ezlo Plus hub.

However outbound we cannot send out wget or curl commands on to the LAN to control other devices as we have no logic engine or mechanism behind say a virtual switch device to be able to send out these HTTP / HTTPS requests when the virtual switch is turned ON / OFF.

Inbound we can control these new virtual devices via the Ezlo HTTP Server API however.

(See items 2 & 3 on this post here).

Also what is the ETA on being able to add LUA code to Ezlo scenes? I know its on your roadmap but any idea when?

Thank you.

You can create a scene with desired device as trigger and in action you can send http requests. I agree it would be nice to send it within the device state change but for now it can be done with scenes as a workaround.

Can you? I haven’t seen that in a scene action.

I have either “Device Actions” or “House Mode Change”.

It might be an iOS app feature then. Both Vera and MiOS beta apps has this:

2 Likes

The Android app does not (yet) have the HTTP request option for scene action.

1 Like

Not on Android not in the Vera mobile app that HTTP Request is not there !

I’ve just looked in the Mios app and its not in there either.

@Ezlo what is the ETA for adding HTTP requests to Scene actions on Android ?

Thanks

Hi
how to simply make a virtual device without going through code?

It’s easy ish but I am tiring now to type things haha.

You need to SSH in to your Ezlo Plus controller using Putty and run these two commands first:

The uername is: root and the password is on the sticker underneath the controller.

opkg update
opkg install firmware-plugins-test_plugin

Go to the online Api tool here connect to the serial number of your Ezlo Plus. Use the Not Listed from the API calls drop down box.

In the text box enter this code and hit the query button to create a motion sensor.

{
 "method": "extensions.plugin.run",
 "id": "12345",
 "params": {
 "script": "HUB:test_plugin/scripts/generate_devices",
 "scriptParams": {
 "device_type": "motion_sensor",
 "devices_count": 1
 }
 }
}

or this code to create a switch.