Beta feedback Ezlo Plus

Hi
test with
Android app v7.50.520
software v1.3.1028.3

i included the FGMS-001 zw5 vice d today, it went well, fast and everything is taken care of: movement, brightness, temperature and earthquake.

In the scenes we can have a lot more triggers compared to Vera in particular the accelerometer, to see if it is useful.

It still lacks access by web browser, it is less practical with the application but useful thing we see the percentage of progress and the messages during the inclusion.
exclusion is very quick.

There is, however, some latency between motion detection and notification after motion, around 40 seconds.

no parameters go back itā€™s a shame, you have to enter them manually?

Another thing: the finished scene alerts by email cannot be deactivated?

1 Like

Still seeing the same issue:

I could try restarting my controller, if you think that might help.

I tried adding my Zooz Zen16 multi relay device today, with similar results to the Atom: It added without complaint as a secure device, but the relays were not controllable as such. Only by unpairing it and re-adding it as ā€œinsecureā€ am I able to control the relays. Once added as ā€œinsecureā€ it works properly.

When removing, I got the message asking me if I was sure I wanted to exit the process early, same as I got on the Atom2, so Iā€™m thinking that is probably an iOS app thing, not a controller thing.

I then set up a scene using it, with the following observations (though these may be iOS app issues):

• Under activation events, the individual switches are not identified, even when going into an activation event to edit it. This means that if the scene has more than one trigger, it will be very difficult, if not impossible, to edit it, as you will only know which trigger you are editing by trial and error:
  • When first adding actions, the actions werenā€™t identified at all. I was adding delay actions, and all it said was ā€œWait for 1s and thenā€. When going in to edit, it just showed a blank screen with the heading of ā€œDevice Controlā€. After exiting the scene and coming back in, however, everything shows up as expected.

All that said, once set up the scene works as expected.

2 Likes

One thing I was just thinking: any number of the issues I have noticed could be attributed to the iOS Vera app rather than the controller. For example, the lack of identification of the switches used as triggers in the scene seems to me to probably be an issue with the app, not the controller, since the scene does work properly (and quickly, I might add). As such, is there a way I can tell the difference, and if so where should I report the app issues?

Of course, at the end of the day, a ā€œnormalā€ user probably wouldnā€™t differentiate the two.

Hi
we can do it when we have a view from the web ā€¦

1 Like

Indeed. Thatā€™s a biggie.

Received my Ezlo Plus this afternoon and started testing according to the test plan. I did not test anything else yet.
So far all scenarios from the test plan worked without any issue.

• Install and connect via Vera Mobile and via Mios app both work well.
  • Add, edit and remove room, OK
  • Add CoolCam door sensor, Ok
  • Door sensor works as expected
  • remove door sensor, Ok
  • Add door sensor again, OK
  • Add CoolCam in wall switch, OK
  • use CoolCam in wall switch, OK
  • create scene using door sensor and CoolCam in wall switch, OK
  • remove scene, OK
  • create 2 scenes using VOI with google, OK

Will continue testing tomorrow, so far so good
:+1:

2 Likes

Successfully paired (and was then able to create a Scene with) the Aeon Labs MiniMote battery-powered remote. Process went very smoothly with pretty good on-screen instruction (except my remoteā€™s pairing button is labeled JOIN, so the reference to it by another name confused me a bit).

Created a scene to respond to pressing Button 1 one time, which ran successfully on testing, and delivered expected email notification.

2 Likes

Just received my device this morning (surprise! Iā€™d given up on it coming), put it onto the guest network, and successfully moved a plugin outlet onto it. This evening, Iā€™ve noticed itā€™s broadcasting its own wifi signal - how do i turn that off?

2 Likes

The Atom does that,too. When I asked, I was told it will be addressed in a future release. Iā€™m not testing until this is fixed as I donā€™t need a rogue AP in my network.

1 Like

Did some more testing:

• Added Spetu motion sensor as generic device, OK
  • Created scene using Spetu motion sensor and VOI via Google switching on kitchen lights and switching off after 5 seconds, OK
  • Added fibaro fgms001 multi sensor, went very smooth, OK
  • Reboot EzloPlus and check if all is still there, OK
  • Added Alexa, OK
  • Created scene using VOI via Alexa, OK

The scene editor is basic and is not consistent in options offered (e.g. during create scene an action can be added to inform a user while this canā€™t be done during edit), but this is only a first version of the scene editor. Scene editor might be a seperate topic.

After a while the battery operated Fibaro sensor fgms001 canā€™t be detected anymore while my cheap Spetu motion sensor still is okay. The fgsm001 shows battery level zero, NOT OK

Well, I did something stupid. I sshā€™d in and disabled the wireless radio with uci. Except upon reboot, it gets an address on the wired port, still brings up wifi, and thatā€™s about it (as far as I can tell). Doesnā€™t call home, doesnā€™t respond to ssh. Open to suggestions.

1 Like

This issue will be handled in a future update.
It will look something like this:

I donā€™t know if itā€™s a general problem or if it affects only the Eurotroinic Spirit thermostat. I got a email message the says:

Both apps Vera Mobile and MiOS say its battery is at 100%:

A look at the thermostats display shows the email message is right. Battery is low, so the apps seem to be wrong.

Thank you for reporting this, weā€™ll look into it.

Hi @loana @Oleh
do you have information please from:

• when will we have access via web page?
  • when can we turn off wifi?
  • when can we disable authentication?
  • is it expected to have a message by my box in the event of an update or device support?
  • is it expected to have a message from my box in the event of a firmware update?

Thank you in advance for your answers

Hello, reported it to app teams, so they are checking it.

@LibraSun,
Do you have other scene controllers to make more tests ?

Hi @bengerbil

Its access point which is working the same way like on the Vera controllers.
Its up all of the time and ready for connection. Password is printed on the box.

Can we turn it off though?

1 Like