Beta - Ezlo Linux v.2.0.4.1195.1

We’re excited to release today a new Beta Ezlo Linux firmware v.2.0.4.1195.1 with the following:
New Features:

• Added support for working with VistaCam 702 (The UI support for it will come together with the next beta mobile apps release)

• Added support for network settings (The UI support for this feature will come with the next beta mobile apps release)

• Implement API for controller settings (Hour and date format, temperature scale). Please note that the UI support for this feature will come at a later time with new mobile apps release.

• Implement module for logging

• Added support for NODE_PROVISIONING Command class (version 1)

Changes/Improvements:

• Refactoring of the status update “Device failed to communicate”

• Added the needed changes in order to prevent starting firmware update if the battery is low on Ezlo Secure.

Fixes:

• Fixed several issues which were affecting Thermostats.

• Bug fixing on Z-Wave, Zigbee and 2GiG devices

Known issues:

• Issue on devices that support Tamper where the broadcasts and notifications generated are opposite to the actual tamper state

• Issue on Z-Wave devices with “electric_meter_amper” that is updated only when the hub is restarted. Ampere meter not changing value instantly once pairing a device supporting it (for example pairing a switch and adding some load to it - e.g. connect a bulb)

• Issue with incorrect sunrise/sunset time for scene in case the timezone is changed after enrollment. The sunrise/sunset scenes are calculated based on location and for the moment we do not have UI support to change it after enrollment (API is in progress of being integrated in UI)

• Issue on Vera Edge where after the first update from Vera FW to the new Linux FW the “Internet” LED is OFF

• Issues with the low-resolution snapshots not working on VistaCam 702.

5 Likes

@Melih @Oleh

You said to let you know.

My Ezlo Plus is now running this firmware and the Everspring HSM02 battery operated door contact sensor no longer says “Can’t detect device”.

I’ll keep an eye on it.

1 Like

great to hear, thank you!

Good!

Any ETA on this?

Well that didn’t last long.

The battery is really 0% either.

No option to change from DHCP to static LAN IP address settings?

Switching between DHCP and static LAN IP address settings in our roadmap.

@cw-kid,
Can you add more details please about behaviour of other battery powered devices in your setup ?
It would be great to make remote SSH session to check couple things with your Everspring sensor ?
Check your pm please.

I’ve spoken to Oleh on Skype about the “Can’t detect device” issue and given him access to my Vera account, so he can SSH into the Ezlo Plus hub in the morning.

Will see what happens?

It’s about 15 minutes from opening the magnetic contacts on the Everspring door / window sensor till the “Can’t detect device” message comes back again.

Also whilst in that state the battery level is reported as 0% however once the contacts are opened and the communication is established with the device again, then the battery level is correctly reported at 40%.

And I’m not sure if they have seen this issue for themselves in their workshop and not been able to replicate it.

I can’t believe that is not the case, as many of us on the forums have reported the same issue with the dreaded “Can’t detect device” message, so they must be seeing it themselves when testing these device integrations.

Hi,

Will api.ezlo.com be updated to show the API changes? It seems a few versions behind.

Cheers Rene

Hi,

Is the update available? My H2 is not updating.

Cheers Rene

@reneboer
Yes, will be updated as well.

what is the serial number of this Ezlo Plus ?

Hi,

For wall controllers the first button press seems to be partly missed causing scenes not to fire. For that first press only the idle event seems to fire, and not the press_1_time that is the scene trigger. See these broadcast messages. Both button 3 & 4 are pressed twice.

{"id":"ui_broadcast","msg_subclass":"hub.item.updated","result":{"_id":"5f5f774c124c4110f359df89","deviceCategory":"remote_control","deviceId":"5f5f774c124c4110f359df85","deviceName":"SK_SchakRechts","deviceSubcategory":"","name":"button_state","notifications":null,"roomName":"Slaapkamer","serviceNotification":false,"syncNotification":false,"userNotification":false,"value":{"button_number":3,"button_state":"idle"},"valueFormatted":"","valueType":"button_state"}}
{"id":"ui_broadcast","msg_subclass":"hub.item.updated","result":{"_id":"5f5f774c124c4110f359df89","deviceCategory":"remote_control","deviceId":"5f5f774c124c4110f359df85","deviceName":"SK_SchakRechts","deviceSubcategory":"","name":"button_state","notifications":null,"roomName":"Slaapkamer","serviceNotification":false,"syncNotification":false,"userNotification":false,"value":{"button_number":3,"button_state":"press_1_time"},"valueFormatted":"","valueType":"button_state"}}
{"id":"ui_broadcast","msg_subclass":"hub.scene.run.progress","result":{"notifications":[],"room_id":"5f5b7e0c124c4110b0d07153","room_name":"Slaapkamer","scene_id":"5f5f377a124c4110e0de7967","scene_name":"Plug On","status":"started","userNotification":false}}
{"id":"ui_broadcast","msg_subclass":"hub.scene.run.progress","result":{"notifications":[],"room_id":"5f5b7e0c124c4110b0d07153","room_name":"Slaapkamer","scene_id":"5f5f377a124c4110e0de7967","scene_name":"Plug On","status":"finished","userNotification":true}}
{"id":"ui_broadcast","msg_subclass":"hub.item.updated","result":{"_id":"5f5f774c124c4110f359df89","deviceCategory":"remote_control","deviceId":"5f5f774c124c4110f359df85","deviceName":"SK_SchakRechts","deviceSubcategory":"","name":"button_state","notifications":null,"roomName":"Slaapkamer","serviceNotification":false,"syncNotification":false,"userNotification":false,"value":{"button_number":3,"button_state":"idle"},"valueFormatted":"","valueType":"button_state"}}

{"id":"ui_broadcast","msg_subclass":"hub.item.updated","result":{"_id":"5f5f774c124c4110f359df8a","deviceCategory":"remote_control","deviceId":"5f5f774c124c4110f359df85","deviceName":"SK_SchakRechts","deviceSubcategory":"","name":"button_state","notifications":null,"roomName":"Slaapkamer","serviceNotification":false,"syncNotification":false,"userNotification":false,"value":{"button_number":4,"button_state":"idle"},"valueFormatted":"","valueType":"button_state"}}
{"id":"ui_broadcast","msg_subclass":"hub.item.updated","result":{"_id":"5f5f774c124c4110f359df8a","deviceCategory":"remote_control","deviceId":"5f5f774c124c4110f359df85","deviceName":"SK_SchakRechts","deviceSubcategory":"","name":"button_state","notifications":null,"roomName":"Slaapkamer","serviceNotification":false,"syncNotification":false,"userNotification":false,"value":{"button_number":4,"button_state":"press_1_time"},"valueFormatted":"","valueType":"button_state"}}
{"id":"ui_broadcast","msg_subclass":"hub.scene.run.progress","result":{"notifications":[],"room_id":"5f5b7e0c124c4110b0d07153","room_name":"Slaapkamer","scene_id":"5f4399b7124c412d74606903","scene_name":"Turn Plugs Off","status":"started","userNotification":false}}
{"id":"ui_broadcast","msg_subclass":"hub.item.updated","result":{"_id":"5f5f774c124c4110f359df8a","deviceCategory":"remote_control","deviceId":"5f5f774c124c4110f359df85","deviceName":"SK_SchakRechts","deviceSubcategory":"","name":"button_state","notifications":null,"roomName":"Slaapkamer","serviceNotification":false,"syncNotification":false,"userNotification":false,"value":{"button_number":4,"button_state":"idle"},"valueFormatted":"","valueType":"button_state"}}
{"id":"ui_broadcast","msg_subclass":"hub.scene.run.progress","result":{"notifications":[],"room_id":"5f5b7e0c124c4110b0d07153","room_name":"Slaapkamer","scene_id":"5f4399b7124c412d74606903","scene_name":"Turn Plugs Off","status":"finished","userNotification":true}}

Cheers Rene

Morning,

Also the Heat-it wall controllers showing unreachable (can’t detect device) has not changed with this latest FW. I will exclude and re-include one for a test.

Cheers rene

I can confirm the issue is still not solved with this firmware update. First hours after the updat it looked good. But then again:

On Android app: Can’t Detect device message and battery level 0% (like your picture)
On iOs app: device failed to communicate and battery level 100%

I only have 2 battery devices on my EzloPlus for testing:
Aeotec WallMoteQuad shows this problem
Aeotec DoorWindow sensor ZW112 (updated to fw 1.3) does NOT show this issue

Was more like 15 minutes for me, after the firmware update, until my Everspring HSM02 door sensor stated “Can’t detect device” again.

It was the only Z-Wave battery device I have paired to the Ezlo Plus as I don’t have many spare devices to test with.

I did get a new Heiman CO Sensor in the post the other day, I had that paired to the Ezlo Plus for about 24 hours and that never once said “Can’t detect device”.

However I’ve since paired it to my production Vera Plus instead.