Beta - Ezlo Linux v.2.0.13.1550.8 for Ezlo Plus, Ezlo Secure, Vera Edge controllers

Hi,

Looking at the logs on my unit the backups are created once a day and for me at 17:00 CET. To me it seems the backup time is not using the controller local time. I’d rather have backups at 3AM as the unit goes to some kind of locked state during the backup. 5PM is not a good time to do that.

The list of backups is now also showing the one per day, at indeed 17:00 local time.

So, there seems some side effect of how log file uploading is set and what is listed as ‘backups’ in the hub.backups.list command.

IMO you need QA to have a good look at this again.

Cheers Rene

1 Like

I think the only people actually testing this stuff is you and me :open_mouth:

1 Like

The rest is not able to login to the web UI :wink:

Hi @cw-kid
I still can’t connect to web UI.
There must be a lot of work on the interface, two users who feed back the information like you are very good, with the experience, the explanations and the screenshots. I won’t do better than you but I’m frustrated that I can’t try at the moment

@Ezlo_Response_Team

Any news on the login problems many users are having with the new Web GUI?

Thanks.

1 Like

@Pitt13, @cw-kid

Its the highest priority issue, we are working on it now.

2 Likes

@oleg.macovei @Oleh

Backups are not loading or appearing for me again.

Just getting the spinning wheel of doom :cry:

I wanted to test the each rotation thing again and see if there are any backup related settings in the web GUI?

Thanks

Hello

How can Update to the latest beta firmware, I already gave the EZlo linux.

Thanks for all.

Hello @myrus,
The registrations for the Beta program in Ezlo are no longer available for the community. If you want to have the latest beta version on your controller, you can send us a request at support@ezlo.com and the Technical Support Team will do the upgrade. Keep in mind that this process is done at the customer’s risk.

Is the beta testing for Ezlo Linux on Vera Edge controllers finished? If no longer needed, I would prefer to unplug my Edge (to reduce network noise and prolong the unit’s life). Last I heard it mentioned was July/August of this year. If no reply, I will assume this program has concluded. Thanks.

I have a Vera Edge that runs continuous integration tests for ezlo-hubkit under the Ezlo Linux firmware.

Recently, I noticed that the tests were failing. Upon further inspection, I discovered that my Vera Edge controller shows as offline on the home.getvera.com controller portal page and is not visible in the apitool.ezlo.com.

The unit serial # is 45006642. Can someone on the Ezlo team look into this on the server/cloud side? I am wondering if the Edge is sufficiently behind in Linux firmware updates that it is no longer able to connect to the cloud. If that is the case, then please advise on what I can do to restore the Edge to its needful purpose :wink:

Thanks in advance for the help.

In case it helps the triage, I have confirmed that the Edge is running Linux firmware version 2.0.17.1645.1. I couldn’t find it on the forums but I think it is the most recent Linux firmware for the Vera Edge…

root@HUB45006642:/usr/bin# /opt/firmware/bin/at88util -v

Why the :cricket::cricket::cricket:? :wink:

I asked the team to respond…(holiday season for the guys who can respond…)…hence the slowness in response…

Thank-you :slight_smile:

@blacey
Hello Bruce,
When the controller can not complete upgrade to a specific Linux firmware version ( Service led is slowly blinking for a long time) it is possible to downgrade to original firmware by factory resetting the unit: Press and hold the reset button for over 10 seconds and wait for the downgrade to be completed.
If the status is the same (the unit does not report on home.getvera.com or the Ezlo API tool) please reach us at support@ezlo.com and we will provide the steps to flash the unit.

@valentina - what is the latest Linux firmware release version for the Vera Edge controller? Mine is running 2.0.17.1645.1. I searched the firmware release notes posts and couldn’t identify the latest linux firmware version that supports the Vera Edge hardware. We need to understand this detail before we deem a factory reset as necessary. Also, the Service LED on my Vera Edge is on solid. Thanks.

@blacey
The latest version available for G150’s was snapshot 102 (2.0.13.1550.8)
Your hub 45006642 currently reports as online on our NMA server 8 but very likely you won’t be able to use the controller on the firmware version that it’s currently running.
If you allow me, I will push the correct version from the server. Will wait for your confirmation.

@valentina - thanks for the prompt response and assistance. So 2.0.13.1550.8 is later than 2.0.17.1645.1? If so, then I misunderstood your semantic versioning scheme.

Sure, go ahead! Please let me know once you have completed the upgrade. Thanks!

@blacey

The update was pushed, and just to confirm, the latest version for Vera Edge is 2.0.13.1550.8 according to the releases and the notes within them, that is snapshot 102.

Any higher versions are designed for eZLO Hubs.