Be Next / 2ihome devices

I haven’t tried that one, looks nice though.

I have the alarmbutton. Got it partly working, but put it aside and gave up a bit. If you are interested, I will sell it most likely

[quote=“intveltr, post:18, topic:170854”]The latest public beta adds some support for the BeNext RFID reader (after upgrading, you need to exclude / include again). The device is now configured properly and will accept pin codes configured in Vera. The pin codes allow you to set the Home/Away state of the device on the keypad.

However I have not found a way yet to add RFID tags to the device. According to the technical documentation, the device sends a “pin entered” message to Vera when an unknown RFID tag is presented. Vera should the respond with another message “Accept this PIN as a valid one” to the device, but I found no way of issuing this command.

At least this makes for a useful, affordable panel to set home/away state. It beats the unprotected button next to the doors, which curious guests are always pushing :)[/quote]

hello intveltr, I’ve installed the keypad now. But I’ve the same problem as you: no way to add the tag. And I’m not able to use more than one code. When I add in the list a second code, the password is not hidden **** and doesn’t work. And unable to delete the codes. Did you advance in your researchs? Thanks!

I’m able to add multiple PINs and remove them as well. I did notice that a removed PIN did not disappear off the list immediately, but it was gone after closing and opening the device window. The keypad no longer responds to the PIN either.

The 2nd and subsequent PINs do show up in plaintext in Vera. Seems like a GUI bug.

Any more progress with this?
I was after some cheap temperature devices, so was hoping to use the door contacts. The Smart Virtual Thermo might still get the temperature even though a device is created in Vera??

Thanks.

I’ve asked MCV support, they work on it.

I have Benext devices: Door Sensor, Motion Sensor, Alarm and Tag Reader. The door sensor is detected as motion sensor, but can be altered to door sensor and working properly: The motion sensor is detected correctly but adds two generic devices, both must change temperature sensor and light sensor, work correctly. Alarm is detected as switch light, but can be altered to alarm and working properly. Tag Reader is detected as doorlock, but I have not managed to enter PIN. I hope someone can make the appropriate plugin for this device that looks promising. The Tag Reader is already being used by Eedoumus and Zipato, hopefully MCV is not left behind.

Some news here : http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,16024.msg122168.html#msg122168

Mine is working smoothly with PIN codes (thanks to LG’s tutorial). I have opened a MCV ticket to get tag supported.

Door sensor here with veralite.
Door sensor created and work nice.
Temperature sensor not created… Any tips to create it manually ?

:slight_smile:

How did you do this?

Found this wiki post explaining how to set the different sounds

http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/BeNext_Alarm_Sound

But now more interesting, how to set the volume level??

Does anybody know if the Benext Heating Control device is Vera compatible? I really like it!

Thanks in advance.

Nobody?

Ok, does anybody know how I can find out, without buying it first. I would like to save me that 100 euros.

That heating controller looks very nice. If no one here tried one with Vera, your best bet would be to contact BeNext directly, they may have tested it.

Looking at the command classes in the documentation, Vera may support some functionality of this device, but about some things like switching the override on or off, or setting the Energy Save Heat Setpoint I am very doubtful.

I saw Robbshop selling the Benext stuff, they always give some good advice/support, so try contacting them

I contacted Benext and they said the heating device works with the standardized z-wave command classes CLIMATE_CONTROL_SCHEDULE, THERMOSTAT_SETPOINT and THERMOSTAT_MODE / BASIC.

Can someone confirm that Vera supports this classes?

Thanks in advance.

The last two yes, not sure on the CLIMATE_CONTROL_SCHEDULE.

• Garrett