Associating EZMotion 3in1 with S2 of Fibaro 2x1.5kw relay

I am having trouble creating a direct association in Group I to the device controlling S2 of the Fibaro 2x1.5kw relay.
On configuration, it defaults to the device controlling S1 of the Fibaro relay.

Because the Fibaro FGS221 is a multi-channel device, you need to enter the required endpoint number in the Multi-channel association field for your target device. This is 2 for the S2 relay.

Warning: Once you have set a multi-channel association, it is not possible to remove it without excluding and re-including the sending device.

[quote=“RexBeckett, post:2, topic:179995”]Because the Fibaro FGS221 is a multi-channel device, you need to enter the required endpoint number in the Multi-channel association field for your target device. This is 2 for the S2 relay.

Warning: Once you have set a multi-channel association, it is not possible to remove it without excluding and re-including the sending device.[/quote]

Can you give an example with detail please ?

[quote=“asuz, post:3, topic:179995”][quote=“RexBeckett, post:2, topic:179995”]Because the Fibaro FGS221 is a multi-channel device, you need to enter the required endpoint number in the Multi-channel association field for your target device. This is 2 for the S2 relay.

Warning: Once you have set a multi-channel association, it is not possible to remove it without excluding and re-including the sending device.[/quote]

Can you give an example with detail please ?[/quote]

See the attached. The target device is a Fibaro FGS221 (2 x 1.5kW). The first relay (channel 1) is called BackLight - this is also the parent device. The second relay (channel 2) is called BackPIR - this is a child device. If you want to set an association to channel 2, you actually set it to the parent but specify the channel number in the Multi-channel association field.

[quote=“RexBeckett, post:4, topic:179995”][quote=“asuz, post:3, topic:179995”][quote=“RexBeckett, post:2, topic:179995”]Because the Fibaro FGS221 is a multi-channel device, you need to enter the required endpoint number in the Multi-channel association field for your target device. This is 2 for the S2 relay.

Can you give an example with detail please ?[/quote]

See the attached. The target device is a Fibaro FGS221 (2 x 1.5kW). The first relay (channel 1) is called BackLight - this is also the parent device. The second relay (channel 2) is called BackPIR - this is a child device. If you want to set an association to channel 2, you actually set it to the parent but specify the channel number in the Multi-channel association field.[/quote]

Thanks for that very detailed explanation. But ezmotion+ with FGS221 and Aeon MultiSensor with FGS221 at different rooms cannot associate with that way. Is there anything goes wrong at my system. Need really help.

Thanks for that very detailed explanation. But ezmotion+ with FGS221 and Aeon MultiSensor with FGS221 at different rooms cannot associate with that way. Is there anything goes wrong at my system. Need really help.

I don’t use either of those sensors so I cannot give you direct guidance. The Multisensor manual states that it supports multi-channel association on group 1 so it should work. Does it accept the association but not work or does it reject the association?

I don’t use direct association much in my system as it lacks flexibility. I use PLEG to control almost everything. This allows me to control timing and enable/disable sensors according to time, occupancy and other factors. There is a small delay between the sensors tripping and the final action but it is rarely enough to be a problem.

[quote=“RexBeckett, post:6, topic:179995”]

I don’t use either of those sensors so I cannot give you direct guidance. The Multisensor manual states that it supports multi-channel association on group 1 so it should work. Does it accept the association but not work or does it reject the association?

I don’t use direct association much in my system as it lacks flexibility. I use PLEG to control almost everything. This allows me to control timing and enable/disable sensors according to time, occupancy and other factors. There is a small delay between the sensors tripping and the final action but it is rarely enough to be a problem.[/quote]

Thanks expert, for your all reply. PLEG is early for me but its my to do list. Seems there is a problem with fibaro. I will try with another switch.