Associate 2 switches (possibly with toggle)

Hi, anyone has experience or tips with associating 2 zwave devices to work together (forever) without the need of Vera in between. So 2 switches (FGS211 and FGS223) to have:

S2 from FGS211 and E2 from FGS223 switch togheter to create a so called hotel connection. I would ideally like to toggle between the 2 switches controlling 1 light load connected to the FGS223.

I have lots of these running with Vera in between and toggling with a scene but that is not what I am aiming for here.

Thanks for any help! Ideally with screenshots :slight_smile:

FGS223 seems to have an association (brend new out of the sealed box:
Associations
You must leave automatically configure on before this works
Group ID: 1
Set to: z.0
Currently: 14

And FGS211 seems to have:
Associations
You must leave automatically configure on before this works
Group ID: 3
Set to: 1
Currently: 14

Sender, I’m not familiar with Fibario, but generally Associations are very much understood and there is conflicting advice on how they can be used, such as in your situation.

Generally, you may need to add another Association Group, it could be Group 1, but there could also be an Associated Node already present on Group 1 (otherwise known as LifeLine Group).
It really depends on what the device supports, some devices only support Group 1 and all you can get is Instant Status, others have Groups that can be controlled by other devices.

There doesn’t seem to be (as far as I can determine) any standardisation between manufacturers as to to what Groups there should be or indeed what they control.

Good luck, I’m interested in what others have to add to this.

for FGS211 seems to have:
Leave the Group 3 association as is (that is the lifeline association to the Vera)
Use Group 1 for switch 1, Group 2 for switch 2
Assuming you are using Switch 1, add Group 1 then set the check mark to the switch you wich to controll (select the FGS223 switch)

For FSG223
Leave the Group 1 association as is (that is the lifeline association to the Vera)
Use Group 2 for switch 1, Group 4 for switch 2
Assuming you are using Switch 1, add Group 2 the set the check mark to the switch you wish to control (select the FSG211 switch)

Hi Shallowearth,

thanks for taking the time to help and reply. i have tried to do this but I have one question hope you can help met with…

with regards to:
for FGS211 seems to have:
Leave the Group 3 association as is (that is the lifeline association to the Vera)
Use
Group 1 for switch 1
Group 2 for switch 2
Assuming you are using Switch 1, add Group 1 then set the check mark to the switch you wich to controll (select the FGS223 switch)

I can select the FGS223 here but I CAN select a text field for which it says: *The text boxes are only valid with devices that support multi-channel association. Type the endpoint(s) you want to be part of the association, separated by commas if there is more than one.

Do I need ot set some sort of value in there? For example Do i need to put the device number for the child device of the “channel” for FGS223 there? or not?

Not sure honestly try it without first and see what happens. Or try associating to the child. Or read through the manual. You may need to use a channel. I haven’t done that before.