Are these scene scenarios now possible with UI7?

I"m currently using plug-ins to achieve two scenarios, started in UI5.

1. Starting at dusk and ending at dawn each day, when a motion sensor is tripped, turn on a light for a duration and send notification (via Vera Alerts).
    I am using Heliotrope and Combination Switch (and Vera Alerts) to achieve this.

2. For my driveway gate and garage, when they are left open for a defined period, alert will be sent (again, via Vera Alerts).
    I am using PLC and PLEG to achieve this.

I know that Vera Alerts needs to remain, but is it possible to create scenes in UI7 achieving the same without the need for the other plug ins?

Going through the scenes, I see that I can create the scenarios, but when the conditions are met, there is no option for me to send the notification. I can send notification when the scene runs, but for scenario 2, I do not want the notification until a certain time has passed.

For scenario 1, it looks like I will need to create a scene to enable and disable the feature somehow using “sunrise” and “sunset”.

This all might be possible with LUUP, but I rather not have to figure out how to do that.

Thanks.

[quote=“snovvman”]I"m currently using plug-ins to achieve two scenarios, started in UI5.

1. Starting at dusk and ending at dawn each day, when a motion sensor is tripped, turn on a light for a duration and send notification (via Vera Alerts).
    I am using Heliotrope and Combination Switch (and Vera Alerts) to achieve this.

2. For my driveway gate and garage, when they are left open for a defined period, alert will be sent (again, via Vera Alerts).
    I am using PLC and PLEG to achieve this.

I know that Vera Alerts needs to remain, but is it possible to create scenes in UI7 achieving the same without the need for the other plug ins?

Going through the scenes, I see that I can create the scenarios, but when the conditions are met, there is no option for me to send the notification. I can send notification when the scene runs, but for scenario 2, I do not want the notification until a certain time has passed.

For scenario 1, it looks like I will need to create a scene to enable and disable the feature somehow using “sunrise” and “sunset”.

This all might be possible with LUUP, but I rather not have to figure out how to do that.

Thanks.[/quote]
For number one you can select the clock on the trigger and set the motion to only trigger the scene during specific times, but this does not give sunset - sunrise.

Both of these could be done with code and it wouldn’t be complicated. However if you already know PLEG, that would be much easier. Pleg/plc would be the only plugin you would need for both.

You don’t need PLEG for number 1.

Use the Day/Night plug in and run this code in the scene:

local dID = xxx – Device ID of your DayTime plugin
local allow = false – true runs scene during daytime, false runs it at night
local status = luup.variable_get(“urn:rts-services-com:serviceId:DayTime”,“Status”,dID)
return ((status == “1”) == allow)

[quote=“BillFulton, post:3, topic:191625”]You don’t need PLEG for number 1.

Use the Day/Night plug in and run this code in the scene:

local dID = xxx – Device ID of your DayTime plugin
local allow = false – true runs scene during daytime, false runs it at night
local status = luup.variable_get(“urn:rts-services-com:serviceId:DayTime”,“Status”,dID)
return ((status == “1”) == allow)[/quote]

Thank you for this [applauded]. Please help me understand the code. As far as I know, ‘night’ has a status of ‘0’. I see the code specifies status ==“1”)==allow), should ‘0’ be allowed instead?

I use this code in the Luup trigger for all of my scenes that I run from dusk to dawn. No add on needed. Works like a charm.
Change “true” to “false” for day.

return luup.is_night() == true