Amazon Echo

Being a member of Amazon Prime helps… :-)[/quote]

I’ve been a prime member for over 5 years. Definitely not the longest member out there, but still not like I just started it :wink:

Still waiting on mine and also a prime member for over 2 years.

Haven’t received my invite either. ???

Something tells me the “Echo” demographic is the “Vera” demographic LOL.

I would bet they are selecting people heavily invested in the Amazon ecosystem- Fire tablets, Fire tv, Fire phone, and Amazon content. They are probably looking at ways for the devices to be interoperable and test that among early users.

So i just got my invite, I,m curious to get the device, but at the same time I really despise the idea of Amazon always listening…

EDIT: well… I just ordered it, I guess if I don’t like it i can always return / sell it…

It looks like there might be a way to control the Vera with Echo…

http://www.piettes.com/the-amazon-echo-api/

I ended up selling the Echo as soon as it came in… I made $150 on it and bought some other zwave devices, as those are more practical for me at this moment.

I can be in the next room around a corner. I need to raise my voice but it understands what I’m saying.

I’m still waiting for my invite!

got ours on christmas eve.

The device has a ton of potential, it needs to improve quickly on functionality or it will drop off.

Going to spend some time today reviewing/trying to set up the basic HA control. With amazons limited music availability through prime compared to the other services.

Any update on this? I received my email that I’m cleared to purchases, but seeing that some of you have had it for a month and nothing really that great has been said about them I’m debating whether or not to pull the trigger and spend 100.00 on a device that might sit around getting unused.

Anyone got some feedback yay or nay?

[quote=“integlikewhoa, post:52, topic:183970”]Any update on this? I received my email that I’m cleared to purchases, but seeing that some of you have had it for a month and nothing really that great has been said about them I’m debating whether or not to pull the trigger and spend 100.00 on a device that might sit around getting unused.

Anyone got some feedback yay or nay?[/quote]

I got my invite this afternoon, and pulled the trigger immediately (I think they call us early adopters)…

Ship date is the middle of APRIL!

Same here. Just got my invite today. Ordered it right away. Estimated ship date of April 3rd… :cry:

I check mine is April 30th.

I just pulled the trigger figuring they would’t bill me until then and if i want to cancel before then I could. Plus I can always return it after anyways. So altho I’m still on the fence I did it.

I’m in the Group now for 1st of May unfortunately since I just received email (although it really was offered early morning) tonight purchased immediately.

Amazon hit paydirt (early adopter heaven) with this demographic! LOL

Amazon tends to under promise and over deliver as a rule; we will have to wait and see.

Really? I guess they decided to break that rule when they announced this horse hockey.

[quote=“hmspain, post:57, topic:183970”]Amazon hit paydirt (early adopter heaven) with this demographic! LOL

Amazon tends to under promise and over deliver as a rule; we will have to wait and see.[/quote]

Really now? How do you explain the Fire Phone? Or Fire Tablet?

[quote=“TC1, post:59, topic:183970”][quote=“hmspain, post:57, topic:183970”]Amazon hit paydirt (early adopter heaven) with this demographic! LOL

Amazon tends to under promise and over deliver as a rule; we will have to wait and see.[/quote]

Really now? How do you explain the Fire Phone? Or Fire Tablet?[/quote]

I think I hit a nerve… backing out of the room slowly LOL. I’m a long time Amazon Prime user, and they always hit their delivery dates for my “normal” stuff :-).