[Altsteon] Losing IP Address

Is anyone else having issues when your Vera loses communication with the host with running altsteon, Vera forgets the IP address of the altsteon host? Say if I reboot my router or the server that is running altsteon, then all of the sudden my Vera clears the IP address field for my plm. So to restore the connection, I have to go back into the plm, update the IP and reload LUUP.

It isn’t the end of the world for me, but randomly when I have to reboot something I lose Insteon control.

I don’t know if the dev is still active, it might need to have something updated in the code.

Thanks!

Still having this issue, it is getting more annoying as my network gear is needing to be rebooted weekly. It seems every time there is any loss in communication (router restart), I guess it blanks out the IP address.

Does anyone know if I can use Luup start up code to set that variable? So all I would have to do to fix it would be to restart Vera.

Why don’t you simply run altsteon on the box? It noticed no impact at all on a large network on a Lite. I mean, it seems to solve this issue entirely.

I am on UI7 and I remember there were issues with hosting it locally. Is that not the case anymore?

i have no issues. i’ve been running altsteon on ui7 since the first release. it’s worked for me the whole time on my vera lite, and my plus since i got it early this year.

Is there no way round it?
Get a new email address perhaps?
Or something?

It would be a shame if you had to go when you didnt want to

still running altsteon on the latest beta with leak sensors GALORE! hoping to integrate the new insteon alarm once they publish the dev cat sub info for it.