ALT UI with Trane thermostat

Just wanted to check and see if anyone has the Trane thermostat, TZEMT400BB3NX, working correctly with ALT UI? I seem to have 3 set points for both heat and cool. The up/down arrows always start form the same static value but whatever value I end up with does seem to update the thermostat correctly, its just the GUI isn’t correct. I also can’t change the mode from Alt UI, but I can from UI7.

Looking at the device, there are tons of variables that seem to point to the same parameters, as if its just a bunch of legacy over many vera updates. I could nuke the device and try to re-add it, but thought I’d ask as this thermostat was somewhat common.

X

[quote=“xeinth, post:1, topic:190649”]Just wanted to check and see if anyone has the Trane thermostat, TZEMT400BB3NX, working correctly with ALT UI? I seem to have 3 set points for both heat and cool. The up/down arrows always start form the same static value but whatever value I end up with does seem to update the thermostat correctly, its just the GUI isn’t correct. I also can’t change the mode from Alt UI, but I can from UI7.

Looking at the device, there are tons of variables that seem to point to the same parameters, as if its just a bunch of legacy over many vera updates. I could nuke the device and try to re-add it, but thought I’d ask as this thermostat was somewhat common.

X[/quote]
Thermostat are an absolute nightmare for altUI because of different behaviors in ui5 and ui7 and altUI has to support both. 2 things to try first :

• try the ui7 behavior option in altUI options
  • indeed try remove and re-add device to clear up all the unused variables which could lead altUI into wrong behavior as the presence ( or not ) of some variables drive some behaviors.

Let us know…if that does not help , you could send the device’s variable list and values ( altUI misc/debug menu as well as some screen shot so I can see the UI.
Thx !

Alright, I’ll bite here since OP has not updated. I’m experiencing a different issue with a Trane thermostat as well.

I’m running openLuup w/AltUI on an RPi2. The issue is that when I change a value on the Thermostat, it isn’t reflected in the AltUI gui. It is reflected in the Vera (UI5) gui though. It’s making it to the openLuup logs though.

2016-01-22 09:04:41.187   luup_log:5: DataWatcher2: Vera-88800127.10003.urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSetpoint1_Cool.CurrentSetpoint 80 1453475081

[quote=“thegazelle, post:3, topic:190649”]Alright, I’ll bite here since OP has not updated. I’m experiencing a different issue with a Trane thermostat as well.

I’m running openLuup w/AltUI on an RPi2. The issue is that when I change a value on the Thermostat, it isn’t reflected in the AltUI gui. It is reflected in the Vera (UI5) gui though. It’s making it to the openLuup logs though.

2016-01-22 09:04:41.187   luup_log:5: DataWatcher2: Vera-88800127.10003.urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSetpoint1_Cool.CurrentSetpoint 80 1453475081

I need 2 things to start trouble shoot

a) a screen shot of the display , just after clicking on the button to change the setpoints
b) a dump of the device variable. go to MISC DEBUG One Device’s state and enter the ALTUI device id
thx

Screen shot immediately after variable changed attached as well as the debug log.

Not sure if its relevant but I am using the UI7 behavior setting in the AltUI options. I have tried it with the setting on and off and get the same results.

Thanks

Sorry for the delay in updating. I was traveling this week for work and this wasnt a task I could check remotely.

I removed and re-added one of my thermostats. This worked AFTER I switched to both heat and cool modes, otherwise the proper variables were not created (the _cool _heat setpoints). Once I did that, it seemed to operate correctly with exception of the fact that I cannot change modes in ALTUI, only UI7. Other than that, the GUI and temp controls seem to operate correctly now.

Its pretty clear all the legacy variables lingering about were causing issues, but I’m not sure what the issue with the modes and Alt UI is.

Brian

[quote=“thegazelle, post:5, topic:190649”]Screen shot immediately after variable changed attached as well as the debug log.

Not sure if its relevant but I am using the UI7 behavior setting in the AltUI options. I have tried it with the setting on and off and get the same results.

Thanks[/quote]

Gazelle,

Thats what my control looked like before I removed and re-added the device. There are ‘extra’ variables which seemed to be the same thing, but for whatever reason ALTUI was using the copy which wasnt being used by the rest of the system. It was confusing as the names seemed to be the same but wouldnt update correctly. Once I re-added, I ended up with two values (set and current) for each heat and cool).

Brian

[quote=“thegazelle, post:5, topic:190649”]Screen shot immediately after variable changed attached as well as the debug log.

Thanks[/quote]

given the debug.txt file, you are definitely in UI5 case so the UI7 settings is not doing anything. that s fine

then to understand whats going on, can you please try to upload this file, then open the javascript console ( ctrl+shift+J) then run your test
and tell me what happens & send me the console log

thx

[quote=“amg0, post:8, topic:190649”][quote=“thegazelle, post:5, topic:190649”]Screen shot immediately after variable changed attached as well as the debug log.

Thanks[/quote]

given the debug.txt file, you are definitely in UI5 case so the UI7 settings is not doing anything. that s fine

then to understand whats going on, can you please try to upload this file, then open the javascript console ( ctrl+shift+J) then run your test

thx[/quote]

Amg,

Anything in particular I can provide to help track down the mode control issues? I’d also to the user above his situation sounds VERY similar and his screenshot was the same. Deleting/reinstalling then toggling all modes manually did the trick. Perhaps there is a way for you to detect this scenario and flag a warning, as I suspect whenever you see 3 values like that for heat/cool its the issue with conflicting variables.

X

PS, nice autocorrect

[quote=“xeinth, post:9, topic:190649”][quote=“amg0, post:8, topic:190649”][quote=“thegazelle, post:5, topic:190649”]Screen shot immediately after variable changed attached as well as the debug log.

Thanks[/quote]

thx[/quote]

Amg,

Anything in particular I can provide to help track down the mode control issues? I’d also to the user above his situation sounds VERY similar and his screenshot was the same. Deleting/reinstalling then toggling all modes manually did the trick. Perhaps there is a way for you to detect this scenario and flag a warning, as I suspect whenever you see 3 values like that for heat/cool its the issue with conflicting variables.

X

PS, nice autocorrect[/quote]

yes but I am not sure yet how to proceed. in thegazelle’s debug.txt file I do not see a conflicting variable issue hence my version with log traces in console to try

Console output after replacing the JS file is attached.

strange, it is not giving me the trace i expected; did you click on thermostat buttons while capturing that trace ? if not , I ll look more at next week ( in travel right now )

My apologies, I misunderstood. I’m only having issues when I make a change on the thermostat itself. Any changes in AltUI are pushed to the thermostat as expected, so when I posted the previous log, that was the output after I changed a setpoint on the thermostat itself.

Here is the output after making a setpoint change in AltUI:

set Timeout(63) params:76.5 J_ALTUI_plugins.js:383 timer doItNow() :{"button":{"0":{"jQuery111304648229363374412":189},"context":{"jQuery111304648229363374412":189},"length":1},"altuiid":"0-10003","name":"NewCurrentSetpoint","service":"urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSetpoint1_Cool","action":"SetCurrentSetpoint","value":76.5}