All Temps Show as C (Celsisus) instead of F (Fahrenheit)

How can I change an F to be dispayed instead of C? The number is right (i.e. 72), but is shows as “72 C” and not “72 F”.

Using latest version on Google Play store on a 7" Android Tablet v4.0.4.

[quote=“AgileHumor”]How can I change an F to be dispayed instead of C? The number is right (i.e. 72), but is shows as “72 C” and not “72 F”.

Using latest version on Google Play store on a 7" Android Tablet v4.0.4.[/quote]

I had this issue from the dashboard and the apps as well. So reboot your Vera lite and it should over time self correct. Probably after the 2am default system repair. Now I have the correct temps showing.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I am having this issue as well but it is limited to the imperihome app.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Update - I’m glad to see Imperihome on the forums! :slight_smile:

[quote=“AgileHumor, post:4, topic:180591”]For those reading Imperihome developer is completely unresponsive. Still showing Celsius.

I’d recommend that you stay away from their product. Save your money and use a product like AutHomation where the developer is responsive.[/quote]

Wow … That’s a tough comment :-
But let’s concentrate on the problem itself.

To decide on the unit to use, ImperiHome relies on the value found in the JSON data of the Vera for the attribute TemperatureFormat.
If not found, we default to ?C.
Could you please first check what value is shown for this attribute in your case?
If you succeed to change it to F, don’t forget to perform a full reload of the devices in ImperiHome to get the changes.

If you have no way to set this this value to ?F, the only available way is to use the ImperiHome Unit Conversion module and set the unit for each device (https://imperihome.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/200814597).
Not really convenient, I agree. That’s why succeeding to get TemperatureFormat to the proper value is the recommended way.

Finally, as mentioned in another post of this forum, please prefer writing us an e-mail at support@imperihome.com in case of support request. We are much more responsive on this channel. Indeed, as our app is supporting several home automation systems, there are several forums to monitor and it’s sometimes difficult to be as much present as we would like.

Should you prefer AutHomation, then please do, it’s definitely a great app!

Best regards,

The ImperiHome Team.

Still showing Celsius. I can now override it when I was playing around with it.

Hi,

Strange thing that it sticks to Celsius even if your Vera is configured in F :confused:
Did you get a chance to check the TemperatureFormat directly in the userdata json ?

Best,

I searched and do not have the “TemperatureFormat” JSON or XML

The numbers shown are correct for the temp measurements (no conversion required). However, I always need to change the “C” to “F”.

[quote=“AgileHumor, post:8, topic:180591”]I searched and do not have the “TemperatureFormat” JSON or XML

The numbers shown are correct for the temp measurements (no conversion required). However, I always need to change the “C” to “F”.[/quote]

Hmm if TemperatureFormat is missing from userdata Json then the app sets unit to C, this is the current behavior of the app. However the fact that TemperatureFormat is missing from the Json is quite anoying => in this case our default value is probably wrong.
Can you tell what Vera model and FW version do you use ?

Best regards,

The problem is that the display is set for degrees C. It is easy to fix.

Wherever you are seeing the problem (either in list view or in widget view) do a long press on the item.
A menu will pop up. Pick “Configuration”.
Pick “Configure Units”
A screen will come up with a “Formula”, and then “Unit”. It will say “XC” I put the curser in and just backspaced over the “C” so now it just says “X”. (X is the degree symbol. It apparently does not print correctly on this page)
Click OK, and now it will be fixed!

I hope this helps. Cheers!

[quote=“ImperiHome, post:9, topic:180591”][quote=“AgileHumor, post:8, topic:180591”]I searched and do not have the “TemperatureFormat” JSON or XML

The numbers shown are correct for the temp measurements (no conversion required). However, I always need to change the “C” to “F”.[/quote]

Hmm if TemperatureFormat is missing from userdata Json then the app sets unit to C, this is the current behavior of the app. However the fact that TemperatureFormat is missing from the Json is quite anoying => in this case our default value is probably wrong.
Can you tell what Vera model and FW version do you use ?

Best regards,[/quote]

UI5. The Setup > Location > Temperature format is set for “English - F”