All my cameras are gone

I don’t think this is a Vera issue…in fact I’m sure it’s not but this is a great resource for this type of info.

Last week my router assigned new IP’s to my 3 Foscam and one Mole camera (I know I know, I need to get a dedicated router for them and get them off the FIOS one to stop that). I logged into my router to grab the new IP’s and updated vera, which I did (they show up in the list) but Vera didn’t see them. So I just put the IP’s in the browser and they aren’t working…none of them. The router sees them but I can’t access them. The Foscams have been always been a bit twitchy but my Mole has been rock solid since I got it so something weird has happened in my network. Anyone have any idea what it could possibly be? I’ve made not changes to them or the network in a LONG while.

Did you try and reboot the cameras? If they are not accessible by the browser, then it seems like a lease issue. When I had FIOS (moved and not in my current area :frowning: ) I was able to setup static ip addressed for my devices. Is Verizon now preventing you from doing this? What router are you using?

• Garrett

[quote=“garrettwp, post:2, topic:169112”]Did you try and reboot the cameras? If they are not accessible by the browser, then it seems like a lease issue. When I had FIOS (moved and not in my current area :frowning: ) I was able to setup static ip addressed for my devices. Is Verizon now preventing you from doing this? What router are you using?

• Garrett[/quote]

I experimented with one cam (the easiest to get to) and couldn’t get it, even after several restarts. I even tried the Foscam software, nothing.

I couldn’t find a way to assign an ip to any devices on their wireless router and the few searches i did (a long while ago) said it wasn’t possible. I have a few nice N routers that I need to set up and kill the wi-fi on the fios router all together, just haven’t gotten around to it yet.

What is the model that Verizon is using? Are they still using the actiontec? I found that when I had wireless enabled on the foscam, and when it was associated with my one router that acts as an access point, I had to restart the router to have the camera actually get the correct ip address. Have you tried restarting the router?

• Garrett

[quote=“garrettwp, post:4, topic:169112”]What is the model that Verizon is using? Are they still using the actiontec? I found that when I had wireless enabled on the foscam, and when it was associated with my one router that acts as an access point, I had to restart the router to have the camera actually get the correct ip address. Have you tried restarting the router?

• Garrett[/quote]

I believe it is the actiontec but I don’t remember (at work). I did restart but I might need to reset it, I haven’t done that since I’ve lived here in the past 3 years.