Alexa TTS (Text-To-Speech) [and more] plug-in for Vera

All i get at that page is a splash screen saying download amazon app and a link to playstore.

Try it with a proper browser. Mobile devices are unfortunately redirected to the apps.

switched to desktop and thing where fine.

tried reinstalling with new files. variables are blank and there is no device json and catagory nuber is now 666

ther are 2 files .alexa.login and alex_remote_control_plain.sh. alexa.login is blank.

Cookie is missing. Try to execute some actions and check it again. Delete the files could also help. See also logs for more info, errors will be written there as well.

Throwing in for me, and it’s all working stunningly well as of the latest version. Yes, there’s a bit of a lag which is noticeable in some of my Reactors which shut down a series of switches (10+) and set two thermostats, but all good!

Big thanks to @therealdb!

C

1 Like

I’m on it: I will start fixing it later today and publish a new version very soon.

I have the routines part ready as well, but I noticed that the plain text scripts has no support for jq. You can use it on openloop and a Linux machine, by switching to the full script.
paging @rafale77, if he knows how to compile jq for the Vera, I could think of distributing it with the plugin and we can start using the full scripts, with routines, music and much more supported out of the box.
https://stedolan.github.io/jq/

1 Like

I can give it a shot on my cross compiler. I will need some time though since I have not done it in some time and am having some pretty busy work days. I will get back to you.

1 Like

Well i’m still having trouble with this.
log shows atempt to login but fails. i have tried loging into alexa.amazon.co.uk there is no captcha.
i have disabled JS and cleared all cookies, as instructed by message in log.
Im thinking this is all due to me using a android device. i will attempt to use a laptop in a few days see if that sorts the issue.
I am getting no errors in log.

There’s a plugin for (IIRC) Chrome that allows you to save cookies. Try that, copy into a .alexa.cookie file

C

Cheers Catman. I found a similar one for firefox, problem being there are multiple. would it be to much trouble to post what the contents looks like. I can see multiple with slightly different json layout and values.

[solved] Ok got it going.
amazonhost was amazon.co.uk.
I disabled, then re-enabled 2 step verification.
I sent luup action request
I then recieved a OTP from amazon.
I edited password in variables i.e. mypasword123456. (123456 is onetime passcode).
Then alexa spoke, cool.
I then edited password back to just my password, and everything still worked.

Will let you know of any issues.

@therealdb thank you for the free code, i will be willing to help test any future efforts from you. once again thank you.

http://192.168.0.34:3480/data_request?id=action&output_format=json&DeviceNum=118&serviceId=urn:dlna-org:device:DLNAMediaController:1&action=Say&Text=Test

Produces
ERROR: Invalid Service

Wouldn’t you need to at least pass your device id, there? I’ve not tried this one.

C

i Have the 118 is the vera device id, If you mean GroupZones would the defaultecho be used

You have, sorry, missed that!

I’d expect all the other defaults to be used.
No idea why it’s not working :frowning:

C

Error from log

12/20/19 7:51:22.991 JobHandler_LuaUPnP::HandleActionRequest device: 118 service: urn:dlna-org:device:DLNAMediaController:1 action: Say <0x736ba520>
08 12/20/19 7:51:22.991 JobHandler_LuaUPnP::HandleActionRequest argument DeviceNum=122 <0x736ba520>
08 12/20/19 7:51:22.991 JobHandler_LuaUPnP::HandleActionRequest argument serviceId=urn:dlna-org:device:DLNAMediaController:1 <0x736ba520>
08 12/20/19 7:51:22.991 JobHandler_LuaUPnP::HandleActionRequest argument action=Say <0x736ba520>
08 12/20/19 7:51:22.992 JobHandler_LuaUPnP::HandleActionRequest argument Text=Test <0x736ba520>
01 12/20/19 7:51:22.992 JobHandler_LuaUPnP::HandleActionRequest can’t find urn:dlna-org:device:DLNAMediaController:1 <0x736ba520>
02 12/20/19 7:51:22.992 JobHandler_LuaUPnP::RunAction device 118 action urn:dlna-org:device:DLNAMediaController:1/Say failed with 401/Invalid Service <0x736ba520>
02 12/20/19 7:51:23.143 luvd_get_info mg conn can’t read /etc/cmh-ludl//favicon.ico or /etc/cmh-lu//favicon.ico from filename /favicon.ico pPtrFile (null) <0x736ba520>
50 12/20/19 7:51:27.

I have no problems with this:

http://IP:3480/data_request?id=action&output_format=json&DeviceNum=669&serviceId=urn:dlna-org:serviceId:DLNAMediaController1&action=Say&Text=This%20is%20a%20test

as you can see, it’s calling the proper serviceID, not the device ID passed as serviceID, as in your example.

My bad. cheers

I did try that to, but i did not change device to serviceID.

Hi. just for information purpuses. I have looked at other options and have tried node-red with node-red-contrib-alexa-remote2 skill installed and this will give you a faster response and full functionality of alexa remote control. There is also a mios skill for node-red

Hiya

This is now all working lovely. I wonder if it’s possible to pass a variable into the speech string? Specifically I have an announcement that my wife about to get home using Reactor, but it would be really cool if I could take the ETA from the iPhone locator and add that to the speech.

No panic, just curious, really

C