Alexa TTS (Text-To-Speech) [and more] plug-in for Vera

I do but not that much :laughing:

Upgraded today to fix the addition of “underscore”. Just uploaded the files from github via develop apps - luup files - upload. Went well, working again.

**Also, needed to remove apostrophe from my messages to work.

Yes, TTS wants us ascii chars. I still suggest to have a function doing the replace necessary.
Announcements are ok with accents, quotes and so on.

Is LastAlexa Functioning in Vera? Or is that awaiting 7.32 too?

7.32/jq too, unfortunately.

1 Like

Hello again, sorry, i’ve been away from this thread for a while, i upgraded my Plus to Secure… can i ask you for a favor please, do you have the latest full steps in one place please to follow, i want to try it on the new Vera…i don’t want to get bits and pieces from all over the thread in order not to do a mistake and

Hi,
instructions on GitHub are complete, up-to-date and you don’t need to read previous messages at all.

Maybe i am doing something dumb, but i can’t download the files, when i click on the GitHub site, i can see a list of the files, and when i click on one it opens a web page with its code/content … how can i download the file to my computer to be able to transfer it to Vera please?

goto GitHub - dbochicchio/vera: LUA Scripts for the eZlo Vera Platform (UI7).

on the right towards the top is a green button that says “clone or download”. click it and select download zip. Then extract the zip file before you upload the files.

Found it, i had to go to the root and download all the plugins as a zip… many thanks :slight_smile:

Sorry, it’s still manual, but it’s not stable at the moment - so YMMV.

EDIT: let me clarify. The development is not yet finished, so it’s not stable to be added to the store. The plug-in in itself is very stable indeed. I will probably push a new version soon, with lastalexa and other things, in preparation for fw v 7.32.

1 Like

@therealdb
possible bug.
When you set a volume for say is the volume supposed to return to the original volume level?
As when i set say volume to 30 or any other value, and original volume was 50, after say finishes the volume is set a 10. This is running on veraplus

Yes, it is supposed to come back to the original one. Can you please share some logs? Privately is OK. Also, are you running the last bash script?

Log sent
bash script date is 2020-02-09: v0.16a
VeraAlexa version 0.2.8

I’m runing the jq based version, where the volume handling is different, so it’s maybe something related to the way the non-jq version works.

if no current playing volume can be determined, fall back to normal volume
SET_NORMALVOL=“10”

I will add a new variable to specify a different default volume. An easy hack is to change it manually in the bash script in the meantime.

You are correct, editing the value does set level to 50.

I wonder why the plugin is failing to discover previous level?

I don’t know, you should try to execute the command via SSH and get the logs.

i did the setup, but it didn’t work, i went to the variables and in the messages it is saying: “cookie does not exist. logging in … ERROR: Amazon Login was unsuccessful. Possibly you get a captcha login screen. Try logging in to https://alexa.amazon.com with your browser. In your browser make sure to…etc.”
i deleted the cookies and tried it again but it didn’t work…
when i login to my alexa.amazon.com i don’t get captcha check…

any advice please?

Their is a post above that tells you how to capture the alexa cookie and upload it to vera via ssh.

… and linked in the readme on GitHub:

Problems with cookie?

Sometimes cookie will not get generated. Here’s the steps to get it manually: Alexa TTS (Text-To-Speech) [and more] plug-in for Vera - #156 by slelieveld - Plugins & Plugin Development - Ezlo Community