Alerts Have Stopped Working - UPDATED

All alerts have stopped working for some reason and I can’t figure out why. I’m using Richard’s Vera Alerts plugin and have all the forwarding info set up correctly. I can go into the VeraMate Alerts plugin and send a test the “I Love VeraMate” test message and it works fine. I can also go into Richard’s Vera Alerts plugin and send a test from there and it too works. All of that would lead me to believe that both products are set up correctly but “real” alerts never show up. This was all working fine for many months but suddenly stopped working a couple of weeks ago. Both VeraMate Alerts and Vera Alerts are at the most current version as is my Vera Edge.

And what firmware version are you on ?
Are you have other problems (i.e. scene LUA problems ? ) the only way to find the problem is as I indicated … turn of logging on everything as much as you can (i.e. Vera Alerts to the Vera Log file) …
Veras logging … then send an alert and look for problems or things that do not look right in the log files …

You need to review the log file when Vera reloads (where it sets things up in vera) as well as when you send the message (try to invoke).

Notifications are implemented as Scenes in Vera. The trigger for this notification scene is the condition that you set up. When your devices states change … Vera Detects it and fires the appropriate triggers (in this case the notification scene). When the scene runs if fires some LUA code that Vera Alerts added to the scene.

There may be a problem with VeraMate 11.2 which is causing it to loose some of the settings (investigating) - can you check push notifications are enabled within the app. Go to settings/alerts with VeraMate, and make sure the switch is enabled.

I’ve just done a test and alerts are going through, so I think this might be the cause.

If not let me know. The latest xcode changed all the code signing (which is a nightmare) and there was a push notification error for the profile I thought I had fixed; this could be related.

That was the very first thing I checked and it is indeed enabled. I suspect the “I Love VeraMate” test message would not have worked had it been disabled anyway.

With a little more testing I have found that sending a test message from Vera Alerts shows a good time stamp in both the Vera Alerts and VeraMate Alerts plugins. But causing a “real” alert to be triggered I get the correct time stamp in ONLY Vera Alerts and nothing in the VeraMate Alerts plugin.

I just realised you said it stopped working about 5 weeks ago. I think if you follow RichardTSchaefer’s advice you’ll be on the right track. It sounds like a problem between the 2 plugins definitely, if the “I Love VeraMate” message came through.

Well after not getting anywhere for a few weeks I decided to contact Vera support, they got into my Vera and claimed that the Vera Alerts plugin had become corrupted somehow, likely during a recent firmware update. They removed it and asked that I re-install which I did. Still no alerts in VeraMate, so I looked at the VeraMate app on my iphone only to notice that alerts were no longer enabled. I attempted to enable them and instantly get an error saying “Alert Setup Failed, there was a problem setting up push notifications. Please ensure you have allowed push notifications via the Apple settings app”, then a second error that says “Alert Setup, There appears to have been a problem registering for push notifications. Please try again later”

I do have push notifications set to yes in the setting app.

I’m having the same problem. The Vera app gets the alerts, but Veramate refuses to let me enable alerts giving me all those errors. It started today. Any fixes?

Still the same today, UGH…!

I guess I have the same problem. I just made a separate list about his as I didn’t see this one had been updated with a newer issue. I also cannot enable the alerts in the Veramate app any longer without errors

So it seems maybe everyone is noe how this problem?

Would be nice to get a response soon from the developer about this as it appears to be a Veramate only problem. Vera Alerts and the Veramate plugin are working fine according to my Vera ui7 dashboard.

Also just for the record I did delete Veramate and install it again but that didn’t solve the issue.

Same issue here but only within the last three days or so. I also commented in the new thread and get the same error that Spudz72 posted about. It’s definitely not our settings, phones or a configuration with a plugin… it’s a communication problem between the VeraMate app and and Vera’s servers. I have not touched any of my configuration settings and VeraMate’s push notifications were working flawlessly for a long time prior to these errors the last few days.